Manage all contract related correspondence in the Legal Department.
Works closely with internal functions including commercial, risk control, accounting, and IT, to develop contract administration processes, deal validation, enabling agreements, system requirements and implementation. Act as liaison between Credit, Risk, Commercial etc. to collaborate with External customers on KYC, enabling agreement, and daily trade validation process
Primarily responsible for administering natural gas and LNG commercial activities including preparing and tracking base contracts, transaction confirmations, amendments, cargo confirmation and other contract modifications, as well as monitoring contract compliance, analyzing and maintaining records.
Essential Duties / Functions
- Collaborate with Commercial & Legal on enabling agreement process including KYC.
- Maintain master database of all company contracts including electronic and hardcopy originals.
- Ensure that all execution of documents is authorized in accordance with company policies.
- Maintain and track status of contract documents and ensure contracts are reviewed and approved internally and externally as well as commercial notification for action internally and externally.
- Analyze deal confirmation terms for consistency with approved language.
- Provide effective guidance and support with respect to consummation of transactions leveraging Solid understanding of natural gas and LNG contract terms, conditions and terminology, as well as understanding of North American natural gas marketing business.
- Set up approved counterparty, approved credit line and trade types & terms as well as data mapping in the relevant systems e.g. ETRM, payment systems, vendor systems and monitor and manage any contract changes.
- Provide support to deal entry, customer service and other groups for purposes of deal set-up in ETRM system consistent with contract terms and conditions and company risk policy.
- Confirm executed deals including statement generation, matching, issuing confirmation, address any discrepancies.
- Review counterparty confirmations against commercial contracts and resolve issues related to discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Maintain complete and accurate contract records in electronic format that are organized in a manner that is effective and accessible for stakeholders. Responsible for maintenance and integrity of contractual reference data in contract management system, documentation systems and commercial systems.
- Manage daily contract admin workflow and resources allocation as well as mentor contract admin staff.
- Provide customer services by responding to customers’ inquiries timely and address any raised issues.
- Identify contract admin process and system improvement opportunities to enhance the operational excellence
Minimum education required of the position.
- College degree preferred.
Minimum experience required of the position.
- 8-15 years of experience as a records administrator and 5 years of management experience with large energy company that have natural gas marketing or LNG business n North America.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Knowledge of industry leading contract administration and management processes.
- Analytical thinking and detail oriented.
- Effective communication and writing skills to correspond with customers – gas shippers and terminal users.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of the North American Natural gas marketing.
- Working knowledge of Northern American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) standards..
- ETRM and contract management system experience
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
- Normal office environment; no travel
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description – may require “other duties as assigned.”
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.