Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS), a California Corporation, is a full-service engineering & design, construction management, and program management organization. The firm has grown steadily in size and capability since its founding in 1987, and today employs more than 85 professionals in our regional offices. KKCS has attracted to its staff a full complement of highly experienced, talented, and dedicated professionals who bring a collaborative, integrated team approach to our clients projects.
KKCS experience includes work on rail, airports, ports, freeways, schools, universities, facilities, water, wastewater, bridges, and roadways. Our client list includes federal agencies, state agencies, regional agencies, and private clients. KKCS has broad experience and expertise in engineering design, project management and project controls services.
The KKCS culture is rooted in the ideals of integrity, safety, diversity, and ethical business practices, which is a commitment shared by all KKCS employees throughout our offices and project sites around the country. We have a positive impact on the communities we serve by not only improving infrastructure but also providing service at a relatively low cost to the taxpayer. This allows for more money to be available to the agencies we serve, that inevitably will be reinvested in the community. At KKCS, we value the individual employee and the importance of their contributions toward quality improvement.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
- 401K retirement plan with company matching contribution
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) benefits
- Company-paid long-term (LTD) insurance
- Annual tuition assistance allowance for employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation allowance
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
KKCS is seeking an experienced procurement specialist or executive assistant with a background in construction to join our team in Los Angeles, CA as a full-time Contract Administrator III. The Contract Administrator III provides high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing and administering Request for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing contract documents and correspondence, arranging meetings and conferences as well as creating presentation materials. The position is anticipated to start in May 2018.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and administers RFQs and Requests for Proposals RFPs for design-build projects.
- Tracks all Requests for Clarifications (RFCs) submitted during RFQ/RFP process, distributes them to appropriate parties for response; prepares, edits and issues all Addenda.
- Coordinates pre-submittal conferences, interim interviews, proposer presentations, technical review sessions, proposal scoring sessions, debriefs and posts award meetings for RFQs and RFPs.
- Reviews Statement of Qualifications submitted in response to RFQs for Design Build procurements, reviews initial proposals and Best and Final Offers submitted in response to RFPs for design-build procurements for responsiveness and conformity.
- Prepares final contract documents, design-build RFQ, RFP, General Conditions and contract templates.
- Prepares Proposed Board Actions (PBA) to request Board authorization to issue RFPs and contract award for design-build procurements.
- Reviews and comment on PBA packages as they are submitted. Refers questions and comments to the appropriate college project team for correction or clarification.
- Adjusts and edits the design-build procurement process and documents through legal research, lessons learned and coordination with Program Controls, Construction and Design.
- Performs other tasks as needed, which may include historical document research, creating presentation materials, providing design-build training and presentations, etc.
- Archives design-build project documents.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Five (5) to 10 years of experience working with California and Federal public procurement including alternate project delivery systems (design-build)
- Experience in construction public works projects
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands
- Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
***PLEASE APPLY WITH RESUME***