RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- We are looking for a dynamic individual with strong leadership, legal, technical, and interpersonal skills who can promote and direct all contracting efforts on behalf of SVMHS, including contract development and maintenance.
- Directly prepares and develops contractual agreements for physician-related contracts and non-physician contracts, working in collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Administrative Officer of Physician Integration & Business Development, Director of Corporate Compliance & Audit, and the hospital’s legal counsel, as appropriately needed.
- Responsible for physician and non-physician contracts, assuring adherence and compliance to appropriate State and Federal laws, SVMHS policies and required documentation.
- Working knowledge of STARK, Anti-kickback and other regulatory requirements pertaining to physician-related contracts and may obtain external legal counsel as needed.
- Directly implements, administers and financially tracks all contracts for the System.
- Ensures accuracy, quality, integrity, and compliance with hospital policies & procedures, including all State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Provides ongoing education to Leadership regarding basics of contract management, terms and conditions, etc.
- Administers and maintains the Meditract system that houses all hospital contracts.
- Juris Doctor degree required.
- A minimum of three to five years related experience within healthcare environment in contract administration or equivalent experience in a law firm. Proficiency in preparing and evaluating physician and non-physician contracts is required.
- Legal expertise in developing hospital and physician contracts in accordance to Federal and State regulations (i.e., STARK, Anti-kickback and other healthcare regulatory statutes) is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of all relevant Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook) and database management of contract files. Knowledge and experience with current general office equipment.