Amyx is seeking to hire a Contract Analyst to support our Defense Health Agency (DHA) Team in Aurora, CO. This position is currently remote due to COVID19, and will remain remote into 2021.
The Defense Health Agency (DHA) is responsible for the effective execution and operation of the Department of Defense (DoD) medical mission, which is to provide medical services and support to specified categories of individuals entitled to DoD medical care. The DHA provides medical care for the DoD’s 9.6 million eligible beneficiaries is provided through the defense health program which includes contracted health care networks and military treatment facilities.
Contracting Division Support: Accomplish and deliver compliant pre- and post-award documentation and/or contractual documents in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), DHA and Department of Defense (DoD) supplements, policy guidance directives and instructions. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the planning for and executing the pre-award activities related to soliciting offers including:
- Publicizing the proposed procurement
- Preparing solicitations
- Responding to pre-award inquiries
- Conducting a pre-proposal conference
- Amending or canceling the solicitation
- Review and assist to determine if negotiated procedures will be utilized to select the appropriate vendor(s) to satisfy the requirement.
- Conduct the activities related to the evaluation of quotations in response to a solicitation including:
- Receiving quotations
- Processing late quotations
- Identifying and resolving mistakes in quotations
- Conducting price analysis
- Determining completeness.
- Assist in evaluating vendor proposals in accordance with statute, regulation, policy, factors established in the solicitation, and the Source Selection Plan, as applicable.
- Assist in conducting contract award activities, to include determining contractor responsibility; preparing the award documentation; issuing the award; processing requests for a debriefing; and respond to protests, if necessary.
- Review to consider the need to examine issues that may aid in achieving a clear and mutual understanding of contract requirements and identify and resolve potential problems.
- Assist in the planning and conducting post-award orientation designed to resolve potential or actual issues that may affect contract performance and to achieve a mutual understanding of significant responsibilities of both the Government and contractor
- Assist in performing quality assurance and administration of the contract by monitoring and assessing contractor performance and communicating, negotiating and addressing issues that may arise during the performance of the contract.
- Assist in collecting, review, and assess payment-related information relative to:
- Determining the allowability of costs associated with the requirement
- Performing adjustments, as needed
- Evaluating accounting and estimating systems
- Authorizing invoice payment.
- In coordination with Government, review and assess to determine if there is a requirement to modify the contract by changing the terms in writing in order to protect the rights of the all parties.
- Provide input to determine the need to modify the contract using the type of contract modification that best fits the acquisition situation.
- Review, assess and provide the government information to determine if it is in the best interest of the Government to terminate a contract.
- Assist in determining the method used to terminate the contract and carry out the termination in accordance with applicable statute and regulation.
- Verify that the contract file is complete and closeout the contract file.
- Integrative Acquisition Environment
- DOD acquisition system
- MS Office Products, MS Project, and Adobe Acrobat
- A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field:
- that includes or is supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields:
- accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization
- Minimum 5 years of direct Federal procurement experience serving as a Federal government and/or contractor employee in the GS-1102 series or equivalent capacity as a contract specialist/administrator or procurement analyst
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of all phases of acquisition management
- Extensive knowledge of federal and contracting principles, directives and instructions, laws, regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of price and cost analysis sufficient to review proposals against previous history, actual and estimates expenditures, and established rates to determine price reasonableness or to determine a negotiation position
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of fact-finding, analysis, and resolution of complex problems, and the ability to develop concrete action plans to solve problems.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and be proficient in MS Office Products, MS Project, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of Federal and DOD acquisition procedures
- DOD Experience
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) knowledge
Amyx is an Equal Opportunity employer. Amyx is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. Every qualified applicant receives focused consideration for employment and no one is discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Amyx complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Amyx is an E-Verify employer.
Amyx proudly and proactively takes affirmative action to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.