Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? The Salvation Army is the fourth largest charity in the United States and is an international organization based on Biblical principles created to help people in need. We are mission-driven, diverse, collaborative, and focused on positive results for people. Join us in making a difference.
POSITION TITLE: Contract Compliance and Quality Assurance Manager
LOCATION/DEPT: Social Services
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Divisional Social Service Director
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
STATUS TYPE: Regular Full-Time
To support Program Directors, Corps Officers and Divisional Social Service Department by ensuring that all programs are in compliance with requirements of The Salvation Army, government contracting agencies and private funding sources. The Contract Compliance and Quality Assurance Manager assists with coordination and development of internal program policies and quality improvement programs to assure excellence in the provision of services including compliance with certification and accreditation standards.
The Contract Compliance and Quality Assurance Manager will monitor and support Salvation Army relationships with government agencies and other entities who fund or regulate Salvation Army Programs. The position will assist programs to comply with Salvation Army policies and standards and external licensing and accreditation criteria. This position will work closely with appropriate resources at Divisional Headquarters including Finance and Social Service departments to provide necessary information to programs in the Division. The position will maintain a repository of all funding, regulatory and accreditation applications, awards and mandated performance criteria. This position also ensures that Salvation Army programs are in compliance with all contractual performance and reporting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, maintain and monitor a database of all contracts and grants which will include contract expiration, renewal, fiscal and performance reporting schedules.
- Serve as a back-up contact person for funding agencies ensuring that funding and contract information, requests or inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance to programs in developing grant proposals upon request.
- Coordinate program and finance staff with required reporting as requested.
- Maintain a current repository of non-program data and documents generally required for grant applications.
- Review current program policies and procedures to ensure that programs are meeting the quality assurance standards of The Salvation Army and the compliance requirements outlined in government agency and independent contracts.
- Manage the integration of government contract related responsibilities with all applicable program and DHQ staff.
- Assist program staff as requested in cultivating or developing relationships with funding agencies key staff and the identification of new grant opportunities.
- Participate in peer reviews for the Central Territory Program Evaluations.
- Coordinate Divisional Basic Social Services Evaluations as requested.
- Provide ongoing consultation and training to the corps and program directors in program quality assurance (coaches, supports and audits the quality of program services).
- Review all social service contracts and MOAs/MOUs for completeness and full execution. Help prepare contracts for the annual A133 and Salvation Army audits, and prepare related reports.
- Demonstrates problem solving, leadership, conflict management, and team building skills in order to ensure a productive work environment and achievement of goals.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s required, Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in contract compliance and quality assurance in a non-profit environment.
- Significant experience in developing and managing processes, including maintaining databases.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and meeting deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Valid Driver’s license/MVR clearance.
- A commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- An analytical approach that investigates, identifies and communicates critical issues in light of standards and requirements.
- A highly-developed sense of fairness and an ability to address identified issues in a realistic and empowering fashion.
- Uses diplomacy and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self- starter.
- A high degree of attention to detail, procedures, processes and policies.
- An ability to manage projects, priorities, and programs in a constantly changing environment.
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in light of changing job situations/priorities.
- An ability to work with confidential material.
- A communication and management style that exhibits the principles and values of The Salvation Army as well as fosters team relationships and effectively communicates information.
- An ability to assess and improve existing systems or processes.
- Skill in persuading program directors and officers to assume ownership of the Q/A system and persistence in enforcing standards of excellence.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Contract Compliance and Quality Assurance Manager is required to do light to moderate physical work and must be able to lift 10-15 pounds.
- In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to use standard office equipment and a Personal Computer.
- The work environment for this position is a typical office environment with a low noise level.
- This employee must also be able to travel to various Salvation Army Program Sites and make occasional presentations to applicable audiences.