Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01342785 Date posted 09/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
The sky has no limits.
Youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Are you someone who wants to help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while molding and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions?
We work with an explorerâ€s heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality.
We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
As we continue to grow and develop technologies that challenge the status quo, there is a deep focus on our culture.
We're committed to be a company that is transparent and mindful and have built an environment where each and every employee has value.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do â€" at work or in the community.
This is a rare Associate Director opportunity for you to own the Contract Cost team within the Global Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Network organization.
You'll join the Global MRO Network leadership team with a team of about twenty direct reports.
Your prime responsibility will involveformulating maintenance strategies that deliver the expected cost assumptionswithin our Fleet Management Program (FMP) and Flight Hour Agreement (FHA) portfolios.
These portfolios have a backlog of around $40B today and are a key part of the Commercial Engines profit plan.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you'll lead forecasting of our expected shop visit cost by customer, analyzing actual cost variances to these strategies/targets and establishing corrective actions plans to reduce maintenance cost.
Are you a leader who thrives in a dynamic environment? If yes, we would love for you to join us!
Your other key responsibilities include:
- Setting the customer and technical maintenance cost strategies for each fleet and contract under management
- Forecasting our expected cost of shop visits under our managed contracts
- Maintaining maintenance cost models for each program
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Commercial Engines
- Travel Requirements approximately 10%
- Bachelorâ€s degree in business or a technical field (including engineering) with at least 10 years OR a Master's/Advanced degree with at least 8 years of experience that includes project and/or operations management
- 5+ years in a management role that involves financial and technical deliverables
- Strong program management and technical background
- Proven ability leading and influencing cross functional teams to accomplish shared goals
- Technical experience in Aerospace/Aviation
- Strong judgment, influencing, negotiating and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate with senior leadership both internal and external
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms