Des Moines, IA
Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has a Data Architect open to help lead/participate in a complete modernization of a Data Environment to the latest technologies and cloud. Technical skills include: S3, EC2, Kinesis, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, Cloud Watch, Shield, Lambda, Cloud Front and Redshift Hands-on experience with platforms such as AWS EMR, Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka and languages such as Python, JAVA, or SQL. Preferred skills include: N/A.
Applicants must have 5+ years' experience in professional services. If interested, send a resume to Chris Joliet, one of our Account Managers in Des Moines, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of position:
- The candidate will work closely with Architecture team and delivery team to help with project backlog with a specific emphasis on technology stack.
- The candidate will be looked to potentially make recommendations on the improving the Data Architecture utilizing cloud (AWS preferred) hosted services, with a particular emphasis on asynchronous data warehousing.
- The individual will work with and as part of the team; guiding, training, and improving the maturity levels of the team.
- Qualifications 5+ years' experience in professional services (prior major consultancy experience preferred) with a mix of functional and in-depth technical competencies Knowledge of cloud (AWS preferred) infrastructure services, DBMS products, solutions and modern Data Architectures (streaming/real-time Data Warehousing).
- Knowledge and experience using Architectural patterns for data movement (streaming and event based), data storage, analytics Deep knowledge of data modeling and metadata management.
- Proven experience in managing and assisting in AWS system implementations or upgrades within a fast-paced environment Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effectively lead complex meetings with varying levels within organization Ability to communicate complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to lead and provide direction to team members (on or offshore) including technical vision, Architecture and design Possess the qualities and characteristics that support development of junior team members to grow a practice.
- Skills Experience working with S3, EC2, Kinesis, API Gateway, SNS, SQS, Cloud Watch, Shield, Lambda, Cloud Front and Redshift Hands-on experience with platforms such as AWS EMR, Hadoop, Spark, or Kafka and languages such as Python, JAVA, or SQL Hands-on experience with platforms such as Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica Master Data Management, Informatica Metadata Manager, Informatica Analyst, Informatica Data Quality Management, Informatica Data Dictionary Proven ability to leverage and integrate technology components into an overall solution architecture in support of business requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Data Architecture, Data Governance, Data Warehousing, Advanced Analytic, or Data Science implementations.
- Multiple years of relevant experience in creating solutions using Cloud and Big Data technologies and techniques.
- Multiple years of relevant experience in Very Large Data Warehousing and/or Advanced Analytics using massively parallel (MPP) database platforms (such as Teradata, Netezza, etc.).
- Multiple or more years of relevant experience in the solution architecture and implementation oversight of data-intensive solutions.
- 4 years of relevant experience with ETL/ELT data-integration platforms such as Informatica, Talend, etc. a plus
- 4 years of relevant experience with Business Intelligence toolsets such as Business Objects, Tableau, etc. a plus
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178