Beacon Hill is hiring! We have partnered with a growing national law firm in the Chicago Loop in hiring an HR Manager to start immediately! Our client has a reputation for excellence and offers excellent employees benefits along with a dynamic culture.
* Manage employment needs for staff positions including sourcing, interviewing, placement; support as needed partner attorney sourcing efforts for associate attorneys; also track turnover
* Oversee employee relations including management coaching, conducting investigations both remotely and onsite, performance issues, and employee concerns/complaints
* Develop and implement HR policies, including Employee Handbook updates, policy review and global alignment
* Drive annual staff review process including maintaining review forms, coordinating local managers, organizing review delivery, and compensation management
* Create and implement various HR strategies including staff succession plan; writing, maintaining, and updating job descriptions; change management solutions as needed
* Oversee HR Assistants in various responsibilities including recruitment and new hire onboarding, FMLA administration
* Oversee HRIS, including training and implementation of new functionality as necessary
* Drive entire benefits renewal process including monthly self-funded reporting, wellness programming, monthly benefit communications
* Conduct exit interviews, as needed. Review basic exit interviews for trends or opportunities for improvement.
* Perform annual Workers Comp and 401k audits in partnership with insurers and auditors
* Manage firm 401(k) plan including plan sponsor and 401(k) advisor relationships, creating education/outreach initiatives, participating in quarterly and annual plan reviews
* Ensure adherence to all applicable laws, including regular I-9 and EEO-1 audits to ensure compliance
* Respond promptly and thoroughly to questions on all HR topics and policies
Education and Experience
* Minimum of 8 years of related experience in Human Resources and at least 4 years heading the function. A Master's Degree in Human Resources is desirable.
* Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet
* Advanced familiarity with state and federal employment laws
* Team Orientation: Demonstrates interest, skill and success in team environments; promotes group goals ahead of personal agendas; steps up to offer self as a resource to employees, partners and firm management.
* Interpersonal Skills/People Management: Establishes good working relationships with staff colleagues, firm management and firm vendors; works well with people at all levels of the firm; builds appropriate rapport; considers the impact of his/her action on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; provides direction, equips, gains commitment and achieves results
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions and procedure manuals
* Ability to speak effectively, present information, and respond to questions from clients and employees of the organization
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions given in written or oral form
* Ability to work with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional discretion, especially in stressful situations
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Find Us on Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you!
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)