IT Data Modeler
Des Moines, IA
Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has an IT Date Modeler open to assist in the development of a new Enterprise Data Warehouse EDW that will improve the analytic capabilities. Technical skills include: RDBMS, PowerDesigner, AWS, SQL, JSON XML. Preferred skills include: Erwin.
Applicants must have Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems related discipline, or equivalent experience. If interested, send a resume to Chris Joliet, one of our account managers in Des Moines, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of position:
- Assist in the development of a new Enterprise Data Warehouse EDW that will help improve its analytic capabilities.
- Work with Technology and business staff to formulate physical database designs based off of an understanding of established conceptual and logical data models.
- Understand the need for components of Meta Data.
- Develop and apply industry best practice technology, design and methodology approaches for physical data modeling to implement system solutions to support business processes.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships within Technology and business units.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of relatable experience including: 5+ years experience in medium to large corporate IT environment, 1+ years experience physical modeling in an RDBMS system.
- Proven data modeling skills within various data modeling tools (PowerDesigner, ERwin).
- Understanding of and ability to produce implementation details such as views and procedures, surrogate keys, primary keys, alternate keys. - Knowledge and experience in physical data modeling approaches.
- Basic understanding of data modeling concepts, including 3NF, dimensional, and snowflake design
- Knowledge and experience in systems development life cycles.
- Experience in various Information Technology platforms (Data Warehouse, Internet/Intranet, Electronic Commerce, etc) and how each fits within and/or complements the enterprise architecture.
- Ability to facilitate and lead solution design activities related to physical data modeling.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Strong analytic abilities and strong problem solving skills.
- Understanding of the value process and standards.
- Demonstrated innovation skills.
- Powerdesigner is ideal, Erwin is fine
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178