Contract IT Help Desk (Entry Level)
Des Moines, IA
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has a Contract IT Help Desk (Entry Level) open to provide top notch customer service over the phone. Technical skills include: previous experience using electronic systems and tools, e.g. Internet, e-mail, MS. Office applications, etc.
Applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED - Up to 1 year experience in a customer service/technical help desk environment. If interested, send a resume to Hunter Vogt, our infrastructure-focused Recruiter in Des Moines, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of position:
• In this role, under direct supervision, you will provide first-level phone support for external users (Members & Providers) including password resets, browser troubleshooting, helping walk individuals through account issues without being able to proxy in to computers, and customer problem solving.
• Additionally, this candidate will provide back up to our Switchboard.
• At times may work directly with customers (face to face).
• High School Diploma or GED
• Up to 1 year experience in a customer service/technical help desk environment
• Assists External and Internal customers
• Experience in customer focused role(s) with demonstrated ability to proactively develop professional customer relationships by listening, understanding, anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs.
• Effective troubleshooting/problem solving skills; breaking down problems to find the root-cause. With the ability to generate solutions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate technical subject matter to both technical and non-technical audiences, all while maintain a high level of customer service.
• Ability to be a self-driven, reflective team member who can handle the variety of tasks assigned through innovative thinking, organization and effective prioritization.
• Previous experience using electronic systems and tools, e.g. Internet, e-mail, MS. Office applications, etc.
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178