The global Talent Acquisition (TA) team is charged with delivering talent solutions for Verizon business partners. In addition to recruiting top talent, this team partners closely with Verizon’s leaders and HRBP teams to address current and future talent needs within the business. Through our work, we aim to make Verizon better, every day.
The Technical Recruiter will lead search projects that meet the talent needs of specific client groups. This senior recruiting professional will own the relationship with the client group, set the search strategy, and lead the full lifecycle recruitment for individual contributor and manager level positions.
- Manage the recruitment process for exempt and non-exempt level positions.
- Lead the consultative recruiting planning session with stakeholders to define success, set expectations around timelines and communication, and create a target candidate profile.
- Leverage various tools to identify, and recruit, both job-seekers and passive candidates.
- Lead unique staffing initiatives that may include searches for niche/emerging skill sets and/or Senior Manager level recruitment.
- Drive the staffing process to ensure alignment with the needs of the respective function and ensure recruiting approach is efficient, legally compliant and fiscally responsible.
- Engage the HRBP team and functional leaders to identify skill gaps within the business (i.e. Workforce plan) and proactively build a network of talent for current and future needs.
- Gather and leverage market insights to influence business decisions and identify linkages to the strategic direction of the client group.
- Network with external and internal organizations to build mutually beneficial strategic partnerships (e.g. Professional Orgs, Affinity groups, etc.).
- BA/BS degree in HR or Business Administration (or related applicable experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience recruiting passive external talent (agency experience preferred)
- Experience managing all steps in the full life cycle of a search, and a high requisition load.
- Demonstrated expertise in direct sourcing strategies to identify talent with target profiles. (i.e. referral generation, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen, with the ability to discern scalable talent.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated success with problem/issue identification and resolution
- Demonstrated success in managing internal clients and stakeholders
- Highly proficient in the latest word processing, presentation, and reporting software (e.g. Microsoft Suite, etc.); Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and CRM experience is preferred.
- Competitive personality and a passion for making themselves and those around them better, every day