Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage lenders. We didn't move into the fast lane because of clever marketing campaigns or flashy television ads -- our talented employees worked hard to help us rise to the top of our industry.
Here at Caliber, we've replaced the stereotypical corporate culture with a casual "dress for your day" work atmosphere that promotes creativity and a collaborative environment that allows our team members to thrive.
The Contract Manager is responsible for the oversight and governance of Enterprise vendors throughout the organization, specifically as it relates to ensuring vendor adequacy through contract drafting, review and ongoing contract and vendor performance monitoring. They will effectively monitor and communicate with vendors and Caliber Business Units ("BUs) to ensure new and existing vendor contracts undergo the appropriate review and scrutiny, and that Caliber policies, regulatory and investor requirements are adhered to. They will also be the liaison between Legal, IT, Finance and other functional leaders to ensure a smooth vendor on-boarding process.
* Collaborate with the BUs and prospective vendors to fully understand the products and/or services being provided to appropriately assess vendor risk ratings and criticality
* Assist in vendor review, comparison and selection, and identify if existing services are being duplicated; and consolidate when appropriate to drive preferred pricing
* Coordinate the drafting, review and proper execution of all contracts with BUs, vendors and Legal
* Perform appropriate and timely follow up of outstanding due diligence items for all new and existing vendor relationships
* Ensure critical issues with vendors, processes and contracts are identified quickly and escalated appropriately
* Establish positive and productive relationships with all Caliber BUs and other departmental contributors
* Monitor vendor performance by working with the BUs to create and oversee monthly scorecard reports that accurately track the vendors specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), as assigned
* Assist with the annual risk assessments and performance monitoring for all existing vendor relationships and provide guidance to BUs on risks and controls gaps and document results
* Special or research projects, as required
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
* Review and process contract renewals and terminations
* Guide the BUs in Request for Proposal (RFP) development, submission and collection
* Support and become expert in Conga Novatus, the Caliber contract management system of record, for cataloguing and tracking all vendor contracts, SLAs, terms and conditions and other pertinent vendor details
* Ten years of experience in one or more of the following: Contract development and oversight, Risk Management, Vendor Oversight, Operational or Vendor Risk with an understanding of Vendor Risk Management
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
* Understanding of the mortgage or financial industry's regulatory requirements for the managing of third party vendors (CFPB, FNMA, HUD, OCC, etc.) is a plus
* Mortgage lending, servicing or REO operational experience or knowledge is preferred
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with business partners
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to manage issues through to resolution
* Ability to successfully multitask and complete difficult assignments within deadlines which may have short lead times
* Experienced in managing vendor relationships
* Proven track record of achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and meeting timelines
* Ability to work in a metrics driven, fast-paced and dynamic environment
* Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and with vendor/contract management applications
Our employees demonstrate the Caliber Ways of Work (WOWS) every day through:
* Collaborating Contagiously
* Caring Fiercely
* Doing the Right Thing
* Leading Thoughtfully
Caliber benefits and perks will WOW you!
Our benefits package includes: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k),10 employer paid holidays, as well as numerous employee discount programs.
We are proud to be a military friendly employer, and provide paid leave during military assignments for employees who serve in the Guard or Reserve.
Employees who work at our Coppell headquarters experience additional perks that include: standing desks, complementary coffee and tea stations, an on-site gym and activities center with ping-pong and pool tables, and an in-house café.
Caliber is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled