KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
- As part of the Client's law team, this position reviews, drafts and negotiates moderately complex to highly complex commercial contracts for the company.
- Responsible for multiple simultaneous projects, reviewing, negotiating, and drafting moderately complex to complex agreements.
- Communicates with business partners and other internal partners (such as Law, compliance, corporate risk, information security, physical security, privacy, insurance, business continuity and business risk) to determine requirements.
- Advises on approach and applicable enterprise policies and standards to build consensus.
- Provides advice to business partners regarding business issues, such as deal terms, risk assessments, customer concerns, strategy, and company policy.
- Supports a risk-aware culture and ensures effective risk management practices.
- There is emphasis on risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- The role requires a solid understanding of how to balance [legal] risk with business objectives and successfully get transactions closed.
- Structures, drafts, reviews, and negotiates moderately complex to complex vendor and related agreements involving a wide variety of subject matters, including master service agreements, master license agreements, facilities agreements, collection contracts and marketing agreements.
- Communicates with and advises business partners and senior management to determine agreement requirements. Advises on approach and applicable enterprise policies and standards to build consensus on approach and execution
- Identifies, assesses and communicates information to business partners on emerging topics and best practices
- Ensures that programs, policies, procedures, and controls are implemented in a manner that that is compliant with Company policy. Supports internal audits and reviews
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Exercises prudent discretion and decision-making capabilities to provide advice, direction and support to internal business clients, including risk, compliance, governance, government relations, and/or legal advice, as applicable to role, on new initiatives.
- 6 years of experience in the drafting and negotiation of commercial contract