Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
Peterson Holding has an immediate need for an experienced Contract Review Specialist at our San Leandro, CA location.
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Reporting to Contracts Risk Manager, the Contracts Review Specialist is responsible for reviewing customer contracts to ensure Peterson agrees with non-operational terms and conditions, and where necessary recommend changes to payment terms, indemnification language, insurance requirements, limitation of liabilities, warranty & guarantee language, and differing tax jurisdiction. Manage and issue all customer requested insurance certificates.
- Reviewing customer contracts for Peterson Entities (various: including formal, short form, and annual contracts) including the following types:
- Non-Disclosure Agreements, Sales / Purchasing Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Master Sales Agreements, Rental Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Service Agreements (CSA).
- Dealer / Distribution Agreements (resellers, agents, joint marketing etc.)
- Commercial and Public (Federal, State and Local Municipalities) Contracting
- Review customer contract terms and conditions and where necessary, recommend changes to payment terms, indemnification language, insurance requirements, limitation of liabilities, warranty & guarantee language, differing tax jurisdiction.
- Working closely with Peterson sales team and customers to address differences, responding quickly, and as necessary engaging insurance brokers/carriers, lawyers, and other necessary risk management service providers.
- Providing redlined recommendations and, as needed, negotiating directly with customer until consensus has been reached.
- Maintaining contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all contracts.
- Providing guidance on contracting practices and procedures and other contract matters to project managers or other operational staff.
- Working to ensure adherence to broader risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, export controls etc., and understanding / evaluating economic impact of terms and term options.
- Conducting annual internal seminars to educate sales staff.
- Managing bonding requests with sales team and insurance broker.
- Issuing of Certificate of Insurance for all Peterson entities:
- EPIC – PHCO, PPSI, PTCO, PMCO, Sitech, PTI
- SAIF – Oregon Workers Comp Certificate
- State of Washington – WA Employer Liability Certs
- Regular attendance are timeliness is an essential function of the job.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor/ manager.
- Assist Purchasing Manager when needed in reviewing Vendor/Subhauler Agreements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in Business or related field, and three to five years contract review and/or contract administration experience, or equivalent in education / experience. Experience in the construction or heavy equipment industry preferred. The knowledge, skills and abilities listed are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. However, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers/ coworkers, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
Peterson Holding Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.