Bailey Lumber has been proudly serving Mississippi for over 70 years. Its roots date back to Jackson, founded in 1947, and continues to serve Mississippians today. Bailey Lumber is a division of US LBM Holdings.�We are seeking a Contract Sales Representative�to join our team at our Jackson, MS�location.
Things you should know about working at Bailey Lumber:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We recognize the importance of each and every customer.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick Pay
- Employee discount
A quick summary of the job:
- Promotes, sells and secures new accounts for the company.
- Services existing accounts with necessary products, time and information.
- Assists with the selection of products best suited to customer needs.
- Prepares, coordinates and communicates price quotations, terms of sales, delivery dates, and service obligations to customers/contractors.
- Resolves customer complaints and problems.
- Assists in the collection of accounts receivable.
- Prepares and inputs orders as necessary.
- Informs company of competitive prices, products and Area-related information.
- Researches and orders special products as necessary.
- Estimates materials from blue prints supplied by customer/contractor.
We want you to join our team if you can check most of these boxes:
- Some college in Business or Construction Management preferred or equivalent in experience.
- You have sales experience in a building materials or construction related industry.
- Knowledge of various product lines and procedures, capable and comfortable quoting prices and presenting sales products in a positive and confident manner.
- You can read blueprints, provide estimates on material needs.
- You have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills; you�re a team player.
- You are able to maintain and enhance positive customer relations.
- You are organized, very attentive to details, have good math skills, knowledge of building materials such as lumber.
- You are have good computer experience using MS Office products and can quickly pick up proprietary software.
We thank all applicants for their interest,�however, only those selected for interview based upon experience will be directly contacted.