Position works under general supervision of the Vice President to provide specialized contract administration and support on government contracts. Will work closely with business development, program management, operations and be knowledgeable on contract terms and conditions. The contract specialist will work with various managers to ensure all contract requirements are met and contract deliverables are submitted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides experienced contract administration support activities related to the entire life cycle of the contract/task order, from initial proposal, through award/mods, contract performance and close out.
- Oversees the procurement of required documentation.
- Researches contract compliance issues and recommends appropriate courses of action.
- Audits field compliance with contract requirements and company directives.
- Ensures that the Task Order Management System (TOMS) is appropriately updated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or another relevant field, or
- At least five (5) years of experience in government contract administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Experience with GSA Schedule contracts a plus
- Strong knowledge of the federal acquisition process, U.S. Government contracting and governing regulations (including FAR/DFARS), preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Experience working in a critical deadline environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
- Work environment is a typical office setting.
- Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, and walking, and occasional bending reaching and lifting.
- Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. but generally not to the point of being disagreeable.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)