We have multiple immediate available openings for Contract Specialists supporting a DoD component. Please carefully read the Job Requirements section below.
We are still actively recruiting and hiring during the COVID-19 crisis. We have put special policies in place for the hiring process.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Exact salary is dependent upon experience.
- Conduct full life-cycle contract management (“cradle to grave”):
- Pre-award functions include conducting market research, coordinating with stakeholders (e.g. Small Business Government Representative), publicizing contract actions, soliciting requirements, and drafting evaluation of offeror’s proposal(s), and drafting awards.
- Post-award functions include contract administration, contract actions (e.g. modification) and contract closeout.
- Utilize the The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS) to assist federal agency in procuring supplies and services.
- Procure services with goals to improve procurement and contract acquisition lead times, on-time award rates, achieve quality requirements documentation, improve performance and drive efficiencies for acquisitions.
- Purchase commercial services utilizing Firm Fixed Price (FFP) Task Orders (TOs) competed on GSA OASIS or other pre-existing contract vehicles (e.g. GSA Professional Services Schedule (PSS), GSA Alliant, DoD ESI, AF NETCENTS-2 (or its follow-on)).
- Purchase services utilizing Cost Plus, Time & Material (T&M), Labor Hour (LH) contracts.
- Collect, draft, review, maintain, and retain contract file documentation.
- Draft requirements package documentation including draft PWS, draft QASP, draft IGCE, IGF, Market Research Report, draft DD Form 254, and funding document.
- Draft acquisition/contract documentation for supported official(s) including requirements package documentation, Acquisition Strategy Panel (ASP) briefing slides, Acquisition Plan (AP), Business/Contract Clearance form(s), Request for Proposal (RFP), and contract award document.
- Assist program office with drafting of requirements documentation.
- Develop purchase request package documentation.
- Utilize acquisition knowledge and experience to liaise between the organization and Mission Partner to provide assistance, guidance.
- Act as a business adviser and/or representative providing business advice to the program offices.
- B.S. / B.A. Degree is required.
- At least five (5) years of DoD acquisition experience is required.
- At least a DAWIA Level II or FAC-C Level II Certification (or equivalent) is required.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS) is required.
- Must be able to work a normal 40 hour work week on-site during the core work hours of 9:00AM to 3:00PM. Some flexibility is available on core work hours. Some telework is available.
- Strong background in acquiring commercial services for the Federal Government.
- Experience as an 1102 in the Federal Government.
- Experience with major contract writing systems is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. (Job entails supporting multiple purchasing actions in a fast-paced environment.).
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Position will require interaction with procurement office management. Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively are necessary.
- Ability to pass a federal background check for facility access is required.
Government / Defense Contracts Manager