https://app.jobvite.com//Logo/2628_GPSLogo180x110BLUE_1473358962350_Company.jpg" alt="No Image" />
The Contracts Specialist is responsible for the review and negotiation of contracts to achieve business objectives while mitigating risk to the company. The Contracts Specialist will review contracts to verify that proposed terms meet requirements, identify non-compliance with company standards, and provide appropriate risk mitigation and risk transfer solutions. The Contracts Specialist will be responsible for the lifecycle of each contract including review, negotiation, execution, and management of contracts database. Other responsibilities include government specific contracts, including Federal, State and Local contracts. The Contracts Specialist will also work with the Management team to implement long-term processes to ensure contract obligations are met.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reviews and provides risk management consultation on all contracts submitted, including vendor, customer, subcontractors, etc.
- Serves as the point of contact for internal and external customers on contractual matters by acting as contractual mediator between company employees, primes, vendors, customers, subcontractors, etc.
- Ensures timely review and approval or negotiation and reconciliation of variations.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of all other terms and conditions.
- Researches, recommends, and creates contract policies, procedures, and contractual documents.
- Coordinates with company's external legal counsel as needed to negotiate with vendors and customers. Ensures that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a contract database and recommends improvements to contract templates.
- Works closely with external resources, such as business insurance broker to ensure contracts do not violate insurance policy requirements.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems and provide counsel to internal stakeholders regarding proposed contract terms and conditions ensuring consistency with established company practices.
- Assist in the documentation of internal policies and procedures to mitigate internal risk.
- Work with Professional Services organization to develop and maintain a mechanism for specific client contractual obligations.
- In-depth working knowledge of FAR/DFARS.
- Prepare contractual portions of proposals to the U.S. Government, DoD Contractors and contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or related field OR Paralegal Certificate OR equivalent related work experience.
- 4-5 years of experience in legal and/or contracts.
- 1-2 years of experience in Federal, DoD and/or State and Local contracts requirements.
- 1-2 years of experience in Government Cost Type Contracting.
- Excellent communication skills, including excellent phone etiquette and a demonstrated ability to communicate professionally in both verbal and written forms.
- Contracts database experience and Salesforce.com experience is a plus.
- Federal Security Clearance is a plus.
- Proven and effective negotiation skills, time management skills, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Customer service driven and attention to detail is a must.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 200 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 6 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.