CONTRACT SPECIALIST II
We are seeking a Contract Specialist II to support a Department of Defense client in assisting senior level personnel, middle management and junior personnel with providing innovative business strategies, agile procurement solutions, and developing and implementing the agency procurement policy/processes.
- Provides, at a minimum, expert advice to agency directors and senior staff in contract closeout administration and delivers executive level management and oversight to the contract closeout process.
- Reviews contracts for cradle-to-grave close out actions.
- Responds to internal and external questions related to close out activities.
- Administratively resolves over/under runs, funding requirements and related close out needs.
- Prepares internal close out packages to include final voucher, forms, close out statements and all other certifications/requirements for Contracting Officer (CO) review and signature.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Business related field required
- TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance active in the last two years
- 6+ years of progressive government contract experience
- DAWIA Level I or II Certification; or FAC-C in contracting preferred
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools, including SharePoint
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and acquisition planning
- Active affiliation with acquisition related industry groups highly desired
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178