CONTRACT SPECIALIST III
We are seeking a Contract Specialist to support a Department of Defense client in assisting senior level personnel, middle management and junior personnel with providing innovative business strategies, agile procurement solutions, and developing and implementing the agency procurement policy/processes.
- Provide cradle-to-grave contract support, such as preparing solicitation documentation (pre and post award), reviewing proposals for compliance, and assisting with negotiating positions
- Serves as acquisition business advisors to senior leadership, contracting officers, program managers, and other stakeholders.
- Analyzes project requirement from inception to closeout and develops solutions to agency's needs.
- Responsible for business improvement services in life cycle administration and management of contracts, contract negations; proposal guidance, preparation and management assistance.
- Conducts market analysis and assists in the preparation of pre and post award documentation
- Creates purchase justifications, material lifecycle plans, bills of material, cost estimates, as well as product and service oriented draft statements of work.
- Provides services to coordinate and support development of customer needs statements, Requests for Information (RFis) and Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
- Coordinates, reviews, and presents vendor responses to RFis, RFQs and service requests, and acquisition planning.
- Prepares Request for Proposals (RFP)/Invitation for Bids (IFB) preparation guidance, market research/ analysis, and selection and administration of terms and conditions.
- Prepares contact awards and modifications for Contracting Officer signature.
- Performs initial cost and price analysis on proposals received.
- Supports the Contracting Officer (CO) during the source selection process.
- Drafts contract negotiation memoranda and contract modifications for CO.
- Supports the CO in documenting evaluation of performance, contract termination and contract closeout.
- Creates/Maintains Contract file folders, prepare solicitation documentation, and review proposals for compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- TS/SCI with CI Poly clearance active in the last two years
- 8+ years of progressive government contract experience
- DAWIA Level II or III Certification; or FAC-C in contracting preferred
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools, including SharePoint
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and acquisition planning
- Active affiliation with acquisition related industry groups highly desired
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178