Contract Specialist reports to the Senior Director of Contracts, the Contracts Administrator will work closely with the
Senior Director Contracts and will be responsible for the drafting, organizing, and maintenance of
contracts related to the sales of commercial aircraft interior products and the procurement of related
products and services in support thereof.
- Contracts Specialist drafts, proofreads, and finalizes contracts.
- Drafts and reviews contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policies, specifications,
and good business practices.
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provides redlined recommendations.
- Advises management of contractual rights, obligations and risks; compiles and analyzes data; and
maintains historical information.
- Works closely with the Sales & Marketing and Supply Chain teams. Participates in proposal
preparation and develops mitigation strategies for proposal submittals. Participates in contract
review by reviewing contract terms and risks; develops mitigation strategies for proposal
- Remain actively engaged with Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain and Program teams.
- Ensures appropriate internal approvals and signature authorities are followed in the contract
review and approval process.
- Coordinate flow down of terms and conditions with all functional departments Including Sales &
Marketing Program Management, Engineering, Product Support, Finance, Quality, Supply Chain
Management, Aftermarket and Manufacturing, as required.
- Prepare and coordinate business correspondence; and maintain accurate and complete contract
files and records for the company in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure contract management activities are conducted in accordance with company policies and
procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and customer requirements.
- Maintains contractual records and documentation and control of all contract correspondence in the
contract management system.
- Ensures communications are maintained for timely contract execution by the parties. Ensures final
contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of contracting principles and all contract types.
- Excellent contract drafting skills and demonstrated experience in contract administration.
- Sound understanding of commercial contracts, business agreements and general business
- Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle multiple contractual activities
with a short turn-around time, and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong business acumen, problem solving abilities, and good judgment.
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Experience with managing database content in SharePoint, MS Access or similar intra-company
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Commercial Law, Contract Management from four-year college or
university; and a minimum of 5 years related experience