Blue Acorn iCi is the only digital consumer experience company combining analytics, ecommerce, content management, and full-service commerce operations. No other company brings together engineers, data scientists, retail experts, designers and strategists to create seamless, memorable and scalable customer experiences. Through our integrated capabilities and unparalleled expertise, Blue Acorn iCi makes content and commerce more effective for legacy brands and digital natives alike, including Le Creuset, Casper, Food Lion, Charter, Ticketmaster, and Panera. Join our incredible team as we successfully deliver extraordinary digital experiences. We are truly a one of a kind company!
Blue Acorn iCi is currently looking to hire an experienced Technical Writer on a Contract basis that will support our team through freelancing. In this role, the Contract Technical Writer will support and work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), engineering and operational project teams, end users and other stakeholders to create and maintain high quality documentation. A key function of this role will be the collection of technical specifications that must be consolidated into cohesive documentation that is both accurate and easy to understand.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The below list represents the major tasks assigned to incumbents in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks.
- Coordinate and meet with various teams to support the gathering, analysis and finalization of information that will be used for associated documentation
- Edit written documentation from other IT staff to create unified and consistent documentation
- Collaborate with technical staff to consolidate and interpret technical information
- Collect documentation requirements from business and technical staff
- Develop an understanding of the business functions and systems in support of articulating the objectives within the associated documentation
- Plan, design, research, write and edit a wide range of documents including; Security Architecture Documents, Solution Design Guides, Business Requirements Documents, Implementation Plans, etc.
- Engage and collaborate with end users to address content gaps, respond to feedback and promote continuous improvement of documentation experience
- Develop documentation regarding various Departmental Information Technology systems
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, analysis, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and drive timely completion of documentation
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- 2+ years of experience in the technical writing field, specifically translating technical information into clear, concise documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver customer-focused documentation
- Ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Excellent ability to create innovative and graphical presentations and reports
- Experience working with remote and geographically diverse teams across multiple disciplines
- Ability to actively engage subject matter experts and follow through on commitments
PREFERRED SKILLS & TECHNOLOGIES:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, an arts or language field or related disciplines
- E-commerce documentation experience
- Platform specific experience for Adobe and Magento
This position should require little to no travel. Freelancer may be requested to attend various meetings at Blue Acorn iCi offices in Raleigh, NC.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS REQUIREMENTS:
Common office/desk environment that involves long periods of time at a stationary desk with extensive computer work that requires repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Blue Acorn iCi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Blue Acorn iCi complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.