As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for working closely with engineering design and the production test teams to support efforts for qualification and acceptance test campaigns of avionics, life support, pneumatic, and fluids-based spaceflight components and subassemblies. You will share in the overall impact of testing and delivering reliable and robust hardware for human spaceflight. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention toward safe and repeatable spaceflight.
• Conduct hands-on thermal, vibration, shock testing on flight hardware in accordance with MIL-STD-810, SMC-S-016 and MIL-STD-1540
• Setup and safely operate high energy systems (e.g. high pressure gas and electrical)
• Support qualification and acceptance test campaigns of avionics, life support and pneumatic flight hardware
• Identify and drive efficiency gains in all facets of the test campaigns to reduce flow time while maintaining a high safety and successful testing mindset.
• Design, procure, setup, and operate test support equipment, test fixtures, and data acquisition systems per test plans and standards.
• Conduct and/or oversee several test projects simultaneously while supporting operations schedules
• Conduct in-process verification and final data reviews to ensure successful component qualification and acceptance.
• Generate test plans, test reports, procedures, and work instructions from customer requirements
• Validate test methods
• Maintain cleanliness of flight hardware and test equipment
• Participate in Process/Job Hazard Assessments
• Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, or physics desired)
• 2+ years of experience in a testing environment and working with test equipment
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, standards and technical requirements
• Strong written, personal, and computer skills. Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at the executive leadership level and on the shop floor.
• Demonstrated familiarity with data acquisition systems, data analysis and data processing
• Ability to utilize test instrumentation and control components: pressure transducers, thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, flow meters, load cells, relays, solenoid valves
• Demonstrated ability to work with test, flight and safety critical hardware, tools and shop equipment
• Strong safety mindset and experience, including hands-on experience planning and conducting hazardous or critical operations
• Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Previous experience operating vibration and thermal test equipment
• Skills using Creo or other modeling and drafting software
• High skill level in using automation applications such as NI LabView and TestStand or similar tools
• Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics and reports
• Experienced with high pressure system design, setup and handling preferred
• Experience with Environmental Control and Life Support Systems and components
• Weekend shifts or overtime are frequently required for particular tasks or test series
• Strong knowledge of fluid components such as valves, regulators, and fittings.
External Company Name: Blue Origin
External Company URL: www.blueorigin.com
Street: 21218 76th Ave S