The Help Desk Services Specialist I is responsible for providing technical support and troubleshooting in a Service Desk environment. The Help Desk Services Specialist I fields incoming phone calls, tickets, and emails from customers and provides triage on technical issues based on severity and overall business impact.
The Help Desk Services Specialist’s I primary function is to document customer issues, open tickets, and resolve or escalate based on the type of issue and/or priority. The specialist must be able to follow troubleshooting steps and must be able to implement tried and true customer handling scripts.
The Help Desk Services Specialist will also be required to perform other functions including account setup tasks and other Customer support tasks.
- Ability to focus a customer at the problem at hand and filter relevant details for troubleshooting.
- Deliver impeccable customer service while working with customers to troubleshoot break/fix issues.
- Communicate with customers on the steps to resolve certain cases.
- Quickly document and clearly write steps taken to resolve cases.
High School Diploma Required.
Functional (Using Skill Set): 1-3 years
Management: Entry Level
Industry: Entry Level
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Highly organized self-starter with strong capacity for critical thinking, engagement, and responsive communication
- Thrive in fast-paced environment, yet be patient at explaining technical issues to customers
- Exceptional customer support and communication skills verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and committed to following tasks through to completion
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Working knowledge of PC hardware, network printing and troubleshooting
- Experience working in a support request ticketing system and managing/prioritizing workload and multiple support requests a plus
- Experience supporting Windows OS 7/10 Desktops and MS Office Suite of products a plus
FLSA Status: q Exempt þ Non-Exempt