Managed Healthcare Company located in the Bronx, NY has an immediate need for a Provider Contracts Specialist to join their Contracting team. This is a long-term contract role.
- Assists in the negotiation of provider agreements, especially those with complex provider arrangements.
- Conducts with the Contract Account Managers the out of network provider negotiations and single case agreements.
- Ensure all contracts are complete and loaded in our Cactus and Facets systems within 90 days.
- Acts as a liaison between providers and departments on contract and operational implementation issues.
- Makes recommendations on network development initiatives.
- Acts as an information source for all staff on contractual issues and arrangements.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of relevant provider network development experience, including experience negotiating provider contracts.
- Ability to analyze complex issues
- Extensive experience using Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to define data and information needs, and compile, analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the types of relationships between the Plan and providers.
starting at $28.00 /hour