Entry level position with expectation of growth. Perform various contracts administration activities in support of the business area in accordance with established policies and procedures. Assist mid to high level contract professionals when working with internal or external business teams from pre-proposal activities to proposal development, contract administration and final closeout for all types of contracts (CPFF, T&M, FFP, performance based, etc.). Maintain Contracts database and other internal systems as well as hard and soft copy contract and proposal files. Participate as a member of program team by preparing and administering routine correspondence and contract documentation to ensure timely and coordinated submittal in accordance with customer specifications, company policies, and legal requirements. Prepare reports as required; compile and analyze data; and maintain historical contract information. Offer suggestions to improve processes and procedures.
Experience and Skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Good to strong analytical and communications skills
- Ability to draft simple contractual documents in accordance with prescribed templates and guidelines such as teaming agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, MOUs, small business plans, and other contract related documents.
- Ability to assist in facilitating support to proposal development of varying types of proposals and contracts types (CPFF, T&M, FFP, etc.) with customers and suppliers in accordance with corporate, department guidelines and federal procurement guidelines.
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as well as be proactive in ensuring resolution on lingering actions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the FAR/DFARS and commercial contracting practices.
- Possess strong oral and written communication.
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills for building strong customer relationships and working with all levels of management.
- Ability to apply sound business judgment in a high-paced, demanding business environment and facilitate problem resolution to customer’s satisfaction.
- Basic knowledge of contracting concepts, applicable international contract law, or public contract acquisition law and regulations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have2-5 years of experience in general contract business administration, preferably Government contracts/subcontracts administration.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Smoke free environment
- Standard office setting