The Office of the Harris County Purchasing Agent is seeking a Contracts Administrator, capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment, to primarily manage/coordinate all purchasing related activities for Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) in addition to other duties. Community is a local, nonprofit, Managed Care Organization (MCO), offering Children's Medicaid (STAR) and CHIP programs. Community also offer plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Community has a network of 10,000 doctors and 77 hospitals.
Candidate must be fully capable of independently performing every aspect of the procurement process, including but not limited to the competitive bid, Request for Proposal and Request for Qualifications processes, as well as informal procurement processes. Candidate must have contract experience and knowledge of all rules and regulations governing each purchasing process utilized by Harris County. The successful candidate must have the ability to manage/coordinate all purchasing related activities for Community and serve as a liaison between Community and Harris County Purchasing.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Eight (8) to ten (10) years of purchasing experience, with several years in government procurement
• Managed Care Organization (MCO) background and or healthcare procurement experience is preferred, and supervisory skills a plus
• Contract knowledge and experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people and personalities
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Ability to work independently and solve problems
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Oracle PeopleSoft
• Procurement certification/designation preferred
• Single point of contact for Community on all purchasing transactions. Able to provide consultation and coordination of all Community related purchasing activities.
• Provide training and orient Community’s new leaders and other key staff to Purchasing processes/manual.
• Manage complex projects and other projects as required through the appropriate procurement process.
• Prepare specifications describing product/service requirements.
• Evaluate bid/RFP/RFQ responses and manage the evaluation committee process.
• Prepare accurate, thorough and concise award recommendation letters.
• Coordinate and expedite preparation and execution of agreements/contracts
• Advise end users of procurement options available, product availability and market place changes. Monitor contracts and work with department and vendor to resolve performance issues when necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 713-755-4288.