Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PAE is currently seeking a Contracts Administrator to support our National Security Solutions business unit from the Ashburn VA offices. The portfolio will consist primarily of major service contracts with the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Defense. In addition to the necessary qualifications of a contracts professional, the selected candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic and high-energy environment.
- Ensure contract compliance and contract administration; develop initiatives to increase profitability and cash; establish and maintain excellent customer relations, both internally and externally; and develop business strategies for new business opportunities.
- Advise management of contractual rights, obligations and risks.
- Compile and analyze data; and maintain historical information
- Manage, participate in and/or conduct contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Team with the Operations and Business Management teams to monitor, assess and accurately report, both internally and externally, on Project cost, schedule, risks and opportunities.
- Participate in proposal preparation as an integral member of the team with special emphasis on reviewing contract terms and risks, contributing to pricing strategy and assisting the PMO to develop mitigation strategies for proposal submittals.
- Oversee the evaluation of contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Ensure communication is maintained for timely contract execution by the parties.
- Ensure final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Assist in training about contract practices and negotiations to company personnel.
- Be responsible for multiple task orders, contracts with varied contract types.
- Monitor and track upcoming contractual actions and deadlines. Responsible for assuring that all information regarding the status of assigned procurement actions are in the EFFACTs databases.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field from an accredited college is required.
- 4-8 years of work experience including internships.
- Relevant experience in supporting contract negotiations and contract administration, preferably with United States Government contracts is highly desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting, effective writing is required.
- Well-developed communication skills with ability to interface with multiple levels of operations personnel and administrative staff are required with strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service, interpersonal, and supervision skills
- Reliable, highly organized, and motivated
- Must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment while maintaining focus and balance priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
Selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance. An active Secret Clearance is highly desired.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.