Who we are...
Verra Mobility is a global leader in smart mobility. We develop technology-enabled solutions that help the world move safely and easily. We are fostering the development of safe cities, working with police departments and municipalities to install over 4,000 red-light, speed, and school bus stop arm safety cameras across North America. We are also creating smart roadways, serving the world's largest commercial fleets and rental car companies to manage tolling transactions and violations for over 8.5 million vehicles. And we are a leading provider of connected systems, processing nearly 165 million transactions each year across 50+ individual tolling authorities.
The Contracts and Compliance Manager will be responsible for the coordination, oversight and reporting of Verra Mobility’s overall ethics and compliance program, including auditing and advising on government and commercial contract compliance, reporting directly to the General Counsel.
- In coordination with Verra Mobility’s team of in-house lawyers, identifying and assessing areas of compliance risk for Verra Mobility and developing, implementing and overseeing plans to reduce risk and maintain compliance.
- Monitoring contract requirements and ensuring compliance of existing contracts, including record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation, and regulatory compliance with required licenses and registrations.Developing an annual work plan that will provide for the on-going design, implementation and execution of the Compliance Program, and reporting to the Compliance Committee on risks, trends, audit priorities and results of audits/investigations. Collaborating with Finance, HR and IT on risk assessments and audits.
- Developing audit procedures and conducting internal audits.
- Maintaining the global compliance hotline for reports of suspected violations of the Company Code of Conduct, its policies and procedures, and/or violation of law or regulations; in consultation with the Compliance Committee, the General Counsel, or Internal Controls, as appropriate, conduct or oversee the investigation into reports of compliance or legal violations and recommend appropriate resolutions.
- Establish productive working relationships with all Verra Mobility departments and employees to facilitate operation of the Compliance Program including education, training, compliance, auditing and reporting. Lead efforts to integrate the Compliance Program into Verra Mobility’s culture and operations.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required (JD or Master’s degree with emphasis in business, contract management, compliance or related field preferred).
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a compliance role and/or regulatory environment, preferably with a government contractor, or equivalent experience.
- Management experience.
- Contract Manager or Compliance Officer certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of contract management, preferably involving government contracts.
- Specialized training or experience in state or federal regulatory compliance and/or corporate risk, preferably with a publicly traded company.
- Inquisitive and analytical problem solver with initiative and ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to perform effectively with members of different departments as a team.
- Ability to effectively present and represent Verra Mobility’s interests internally and externally with regulatory agencies or auditors.
- Excellent computer analysis and research skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts, technical procedures, government regulations, and legal documents. Solid understanding of contract and legal terminology and regulatory interpretation.
- Ability to understand and discuss detail, but also to develop and manage high-level plans and strategies.
- Strong influencing skills and perseverance in investigating.
- Project management experience.