Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Scope: The Contract Manager will work on existing DoD and commercial contracts, solicitations with RFPs for new business and handle multiple issues regarding a variety of business related matters; e.g., Non-disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements. The Contract Manager will also use negotiation strategies, lead negotiations and be generally recognized as the authority in the discipline of contract administration by persons outside of the Contracts Department.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Provide insight, recommendations and risk assessment for business decisions regarding contracts to senior management.
- Lead negotiations and also implement advanced negotiation strategies.
- Will handle highly complex agreements.
- Will act as the generally recognized authority in the discipline of contract administration by persons outside of the Contracts organization.
- Provide demonstrated added-value to the business operation at the program level.
- Serve as the company’s representative to external customer contracts and procurement personnel.
- Monitor compliance with the company’s contracts and legal requirements related to company policies and procedures.
- Review, take ownership of, prepare & submit cost volume and/or contractual documentation volume for major proposal efforts.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Determine acceptability of customer contract terms and agreements.
- Handle live negotiations with customer staff.
- To commit the company as delegated by PRO-25 and senior management.
- Customer Contract Staff
- Company Legal Staff
- Company Senior Management
- Affiliated ESA Companies Contract & Program Staff
- ESL Contract & Program Staff
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred):
R = Required P = Preferred E = Equivalent Experience May Satisfy Requirement
Master q R q P q E
Bachelor XX R q P q E (May be waived by the Vice President & General Counsel)
Associate q R q P
High School q R
Specific Degree Field, only if required: ______________.
Training Pre-requisites (Within One Year of Taking Position):
XX Safety Training, as dictated by Safety Department
q Other: ______________________________________________________________ .
Preferred: Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)
Functional (Using Skill Set) q Entry q 1-3 XX 3-5 q 5-10 XX 10+
Management XX Entry q 1-3 q 3-5 q 5-10 q 10+
Industry q Entry q 1-3 q 3-5 q 5-10 XX 10+
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Strong and effective oral and written communications skills, including ability to prepare and deliver information concisely orally and in writing. Proven ability to write and edit business material. A writing sample may be required.
- Strong and effective analytical skills and the ability to identify and evaluate business risks.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Government Contracting (FAR & DFAR) and commercial contracting (UCC).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Team Player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance.
- Financial understanding of rate structures and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly complex agreements.
- Ability to foster & maintain solid relationships with customer suppliers.
- Experience with and understanding of international contracting including compliance with ITAR and EAR.
- Self starter who requires virtually no supervision.
- Has the ability to comprehend complex financial and business concepts then suggest viable alternatives during negotiation.
- Candidate must possess solid computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to review, interpret requirements, identify contractual risk, and work with proposal team on both competitive and sole-source proposals.
FLSA Status: XX Exempt q Non-Exempt
Job Status: XX Fulltime q Part-time
Purpose for creating this description:
q Verify duties for recruitment
q Create new position
q Request reclassification
XX Document current job
Any unique working conditions or physical demands in this job?: