Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates within our Estimating and Contracts Department.
We are pleased to accept resumes for our Contract Manager position.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
The Contracts Manager will plan, direct, coordinate, monitor budget and performance track and negotiate changes, and report activity to senior management, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the overhauling or repairing of ships and/or other marine vessels. Project organization, scheduling, problem identification, customer interface and plan implementation are some of the responsibilities of this position as well.
- College degree in a technical or managerial discipline or equivalent Ship Repair experience
- 5-8 years experience either in a shipyard or on a ship as an officer, port engineer or repair supervisor or 5 years as a construction supervisor for large (over $1.0 mil each) projects.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Project (and/or Primavera), PowerPoint and Microsoft Word. A knowledge of Deltek would be a plus.
- Excellent written and communications skills (please submit samples of recent correspondence you have authored)
- Willingness to be flexible and work with people to achieve goals and objectives.
- Familiarity with Cost and Schedule Performance metrics including ACWP, BCWP and BCWS concepts and the Cost Performance Index and the Schedule Performance Index.
- Effective negotiation, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
- Proven ability to drive improved cost and schedule performance
- Proven ability to manage Risks and Opportunities
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include: • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance• 401K• Paid Time Off (PTO)• Legal Services• Annual performance evaluations • On-site Human Resources• On-site gym• Free and close proximity parking• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.