Veritude is hiring for a Contracts Manager for Fidelity Investments in Westlake,TX. This is a contract position.
- Negotiate, review, and draft contracts (includes NDAs, amendments, statements of work, etc.) with low to medium complexity and risk, within one or more commodity groupings, with moderate supervision.
- Drive utilization of Fidelity contract templates, minimize deviations, and ensure free-text fields adequately detail contractual obligations.
- When using supplier templates, ensure supplier contracts adhere to terms and conditions set forth in contract templates.
- Provide specialized commodity contract knowledge in one or more assigned commodity groupings.
- Interface with BU personnel, ensure contract negotiation objectives align with key stakeholder expectations, and provide project status and analysis throughout the negotiation and contract development phases.
- Actively participate in the development of risk/benefit analysis with senior procurement staff, legal department personnel, and BU personnel on contracting activities. Lead all affected Fidelity personnel through the review of benefits received, goals achieved, and risks assumed as a part of all contracting activities. Document these activities, along with required written Fidelity approvals, for future reference.
- Manage multiple simultaneous contracting activities.
- Enter and manage assigned contracts in ECM, summarize key contract provisions, and produce periodic reports on negotiations and contracts.
- Ensure risk assessment information is current and complete for all assigned contracts.
- Work closely with BU personnel to implement contracts for identified needs.
- Work closely with Procurement sourcing personnel to develop joint strategies for achieving BU requirements.
- Expand and promote the role of procurement throughout Fidelity.
- Contribute to the development and creation of Procurement and BU research and documentation.
- Identify and generate contracting and acquisition process improvements (i.e., tiger teams and client improvements teams).
- Keep abreast of assigned commodity trends, market and economic conditions, and other opportunities to leverage during overall contract management.
- Work closely with assigned BUs to ensure Procurement is providing the highest level of support.
- Identify and implement savings and process improvement opportunities to optimize BU spending.
- Respond to BU inquiries and special requests
- Recommend improvement opportunities and propose modifications to Fidelity templates.
- Work with suppliers and BU personnel to: identify, research and resolve purchasing related issues; develop corrective action programs; and monitor progress and identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Meet regularly with sourcing counterparts for assigned commodities to ensure overall alignment.
- Provide incremental support to sourcing teams for execution of strategies within the commodity plans.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to clearly present ideas to co-workers, peers and partners
- Ability to work productively in a team environment
- Ability to develop and implement strategic objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple vendor relationships
- Excellent analysis skills to review and evaluate supplier performance and proposals
- Ability to conduct contract negotiations and apply Fidelity requirements to negotiation process
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent business experience
- Minimum of 4-6 years purchasing related experience, including purchasing contract negotiations and administration experience
- Law degree is a plus
- Excellent written, oral communication
- Excellent project management skills