Job Title: Contracts Specialist
Job Location: Crystal City, Virginia
Security Clearance: Clearable
This position assists the Contracts Director and Senior Manager and is responsible for pre and post-award formation and administration of prime and subcontracts. Position provides contractual direction to subcontractors and executes no-cost actions to contracts and subcontracts. Position includes interaction with United States Government (USG) procurement officials, industry contractors and organizations and ACT I departments and management. Work requires attention to detail, solution-oriented mindset and a mix of independent and team projects. Some overtime and limited travel may be required.
- Participates in proposal preparation activities including drafting terms and conditions for written agreements with partner companies and individuals such as non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and consultant agreements.
- Performs contract/subcontract administration including monitoring contract compliance and contractor performance, preparing modifications, resolving problems, and processing closeout.
- Assists in the review, analysis and negotiation of contracts/subcontracts actions including terms and conditions, certifications and representations and other contract compliance matters.
- Performs independent research of contract clauses, requirements and other terms and conditions to assist in preparing negotiation positions.
- Prepares modifications to subcontracts and reviews USG issued and prime contractor modifications for contract compliance in accordance with final agreements.
- Coordinates review and final document execution with subcontractor, USG and prime contractor contract specialists.
- Responds to customer (USG and non-USG) requests for contract related information and data, communicates with USG procurement officials, industry contractors and organizations and ACT I departments and management.
- Reviews and analyzes USG issued pre-solicitation notices, draft and final solicitations to identify compliance matters specific to contracting requirements and procedures using Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Federal Agency FAR supplements, internal company policies and other contractual guidance.
- Maintains contract files (electronic and hard-copy) and organizes information and generates reports as well as administers/manages Contract Data Management records, email, intra-web and general contract correspondence accounts.
- Exercises the Delegation of Authority responsibilities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 4 years of experience in federal contracting to include either service in the USG GS 1102 occupation series or similar corporate experience in a USG agency or contractor organization;
- Familiarity with the FAR and willingness to learn, seek training and independently pursue proficiency in the contracting profession;
- Independent and team worker providing effective oral and written communication with USG customers, contractor personnel and ACT I personnel.
- Experience with assisting/conducting negotiated contractual actions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or additional 3 years of experience.
- Eligibility for a Secret security clearance.
- Proficient with standard MS Office tools and other similar web-based tools/computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Self Starter
- DAWIA/FAC-C and/or NCMA CFCM or CPCM Certification
- Acquisition/Contracting, Business or Management Degree
- Deltek Costpoint Experience
ACT I has been providing solutions for high profile military programs such as the U.S. Navy's and the U.S. Air Force's Joint Strike Fighter F-35, the U.S. Navy's F-18, EA-18G and F-16N Aggressor, and the U.S. Air Force's F-22 Raptor since 1998. Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please apply directly through the website at: http://act-i.com/careers/. #joinACT-I
For any additional questions or to submit any referrals, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACT-I is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.