At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Commercial Legal Group is looking for a Contracts Specialist to join us in our Tyson’s Corner office in McLean, VA. In this role, you will work as part of a globally distributed team of lawyers and contract specialists to support the Red Hat sales and procurement teams in structuring, negotiating, and closing contracts with a primary focus on supporting Red Hat’s U.S. public sector business. You'll also collaborate with our finance and product management teams and assist Red Hat counsel with commercial legal functions. You’ll need to have excellent communication skills to interact with internal and external business customers while addressing complex issues in an accurate and clear, yet thorough manner. This role is ideal for a candidate with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Primary job responsibilities
- Draft, review, and negotiate master software subscription agreements, master services agreements and statements of work (SOWs), and partner agreements for resellers, distributors, and cloud providers
- Review and analyze unique government contract requirements, solicitation provisions, and terms and conditions to ensure Red Hat’s compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, federal policies, and Red Hat’s business model
- Work with department lawyers to support government compliance efforts, including assisting with identifying and assessing potential organizational conflicts of interests and providing compliance training
- Support bid and proposal efforts, including preparing representations and certifications, addressing issues related to price reasonableness evaluations, teaming agreements, etc.
- Review, revise, and negotiate procurement contracts and non-disclosure agreements
- Structure and negotiate agreements for direct and channel sales for Red Hat’s software subscriptions and consulting services offerings
- Educate customers about open source licensing and Red Hat’s subscription business model
- Support and coach our global sales organization
- Work with product and finance teams to resolve contractual issues
- Serve as a point of contact for contract-related questions
- Provide support and assistance to Red Hat’s commercial attorneys worldwide
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Demonstrated interest in software, information technology (IT), intellectual property, or related legal issues
- 4+ years of professional experience with commercial and U.S. federal, state, and local government and education market contracting and procurements that include FAR Part 12
- Experience with commercial Item contracting and channel partner support in the IT or technology industry
- Knowledge of a wide range of U.S. government procurement issues that support proposal preparation of various contract types, including NDAs, requests for proposals (RFPs), teaming agreements, GSA schedule contracts, and various types of channel agreements and subcontracts
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) set of rules and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) compliance measures is essential
- Knowledge of other laws and regulations (EAR, ITAR, and intellectual property and data rights) impacting federal procurements is a plus
- Excellent communication skills demonstrated through your work experience, including the ability to explain complicated concepts in simple, audience-appropriate terms
- Analytical, negotiation, and drafting skills demonstrated through your work experience
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining a firm focus on problem solving
- Experience with revenue and sales contracts
- Paralegal experience, Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) accreditation, or legal degree are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.