Athenian Group is a full-service placement agency providing Professional Technical Recruitment, Staffing and Payroll services to Canada’s top Consulting, Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction companies.
Our focus is on providing businesses with the highest quality of worker for both contract and permanent staff positions.
Our client, is a leading provider of construction, maintenance and fabrication to the energy, power and industrial markets across North America.
Currently we are recruiting for a Houston, Texas based;
CONTRACTS / SUBCONTRACTS MANAGER – EPC
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
- Leads Prime Contract review and redline process for proposals through all functional and operational leadership, in addition to reviewing and redlining/comments on contracts. Serves as the main point of contact for coordinating and collating redlines with Legal, Project Management and functional management.
- Assists management and legal in the negotiation of EPC Contracts.
- Analyzes all contracts and subcontracts including the conditions, qualifications, scope, and other information to identify requirements and deliverables as well as highlight areas for risk such as ambiguities, conflict, or deviations from the scope of work. Makes recommendations to Project Management on the mitigation of risks identified and capitalizing on areas of improvements. Closely monitors and supports remedial actions and implements appropriate actions.
- Oversees subcontractor prequalification process and ISNet status.
- Provides direction and expertise to subcontract related activities for projects.
- Assists in proposal preparation with regard to subcontractor pricing, execution, manhour/cost to be allocated to the subcontracting effort required.
- Coordinates with Legal to ensure prime contract flow-downs are included in project subcontract documents.
- Manages the solicitation of Subcontract Proposals in accordance with Company procedures and project requirements.
- Leads negotiations of subcontract terms and pricing issues.
- Prepares documents for subcontract award and adhering to execution assumptions, schedule and budget compliance.
- Manages all aspects of Subcontract Administration for projects, from selection of bidders to close out of subcontract and record retention.
- Coordinates closely with Project Controls, Accounting and Finance, Engineering and Construction and all other disciplines for continuity and overall program effectiveness.
- Participates in project risk management discussions and meetings by providing preliminary and ongoing risk assessment and associated mitigation plans of Prime Contract terms and conditions as well as subcontracted activities.
- Provides a preliminary strategy for Subcontract Execution including any mitigation of risk assumed by the Prime Contract.
- Maintains performance metrics and associated reporting to measure the performance of the Project Subcontract Team.
- Ensures full compliance with all Supply Chain procedures.
- Participates in development of project execution plans.
- Maintains a central repository of contracts for the business unit.
- Maintains a log of subcontractors, capabilities, performance metrics, reporting and associated commentary.
- Leads the development and management of procedures to recognize and identify contract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Performs other functions as may be directed.
- 10 years’ experience in Subcontracts Management and Procurement preferably in an industrial multi-discipline direct hire engineering, procurement, and /or construction environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent related experience, in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, or similar field preferred.
- C.P.M., CPSM, A.P.P., CSCP, or Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, quality control functions, crafts, and safety regulations.
- Good understanding of scheduling, cost control, and engineering.
- Strong planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Occasional travel may be required.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position please contact;
Jason Wahl - Managing Partner
Athenian Group Ltd.
403 – 969 – 9962
877 – 596 – 5522