JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining control of all mail delivered from the mailroom by logging in each batch under the appropriate client code and delivering all batches to the correct areas that may not be scanned into AWD. Completed batches are filed in Julian date order on shelves to be picked up for imaging. Faxes and re-batches coming from the claim or customer service area are batched and delivered to designated individuals for processing. Inventory reports are run daily and information is communicated to claim managers and supervisors, after logging completed claim information in Daily Operation Statistic and inventory tracking reports. Supply orders are turned in and distributed by the Control Clerk
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned as necessary):
- Handle all transmittal claims or inquiries received from the mailroom, or via fax or correspondence, researching and resolving all discrepancies.
- Responsible for adding all mail received by the mailroom into an access database.
- Distribute all claims to the appropriate areas by client if not in AWD.
- File all completed batches in Julian date order on completed shelves to be picked up for imaging when applicable.
- Place calls to providers to obtain correct mailing addresses.
- Obtain and turn in weekly supply list to the main office.
- Email or distribute outstanding and complete batch reports to area managers daily.
- Input previous days completed claim information into Daily Operation Statistic reports.
- Track daily claims receipts by claim type in excel spreadsheet, to be reported monthly.
- Handle claim batch maintenance for QicLink Support.
- Actively participate in cross training to maximize team efficiency and maintain or exceed service standards. May include review of returned mail or eligibility claims.
- Communicate openly with Supervisors, Managers and other team members to ensure accurate responses and to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Must understand the broad strategic concept of our business and link these to the day-to-day business functions of the mailroom, claim support, customer service and claim processing.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of Excel to understand the different functions and knowing when they can be applied to the specific purpose. This includes the ability to data sort, create formulas, create reports, formatting, highlighting, editing cells, labeling things and importing data into Excel. Knowledge of dashboards, graphs, charts and pivot tables are a plus.
- Arrive to work and return from breaks and lunch as scheduled. Because of the nature of the job function, punctuality and dependability are imperative.
- As needed, miscellaneous duties as assigned by team leaders, supervisors and management.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Ability to understand mail batching process and display excellent research and filing skills when needed. Intermediate knowledge of Excel is essential. Must have a clear understanding of the business procedures within the claims and customer service areas. Good interpersonal and decision making skills required. Good written and oral communication skills with ability to speak effectively and clearly in person and over the phone. Must be organized and able to manage time effectively with all claim information from or to other departments. Good PC application skills and typing to 30 wpm with accuracy and clarity of content. Attention to detail and ability to listen / type simultaneously. Must be able to exhibit flexibility in performing multiple functions. Excellent attendance and work ethic. Team centered. Honesty and respect for the company and its policies and procedures is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met, or are encountered, by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; talk or hear, and speak clearly. The employee is occasionally required to change paper on printers and office machines which may require light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to follow company security policies & procedures (use of ID cards, computer usage and passwords, HIPAA, confidentiality, etc.), as outlined in the Employee Handbook. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IAS is an equal opportunity employer