Brock Solutions is an innovative engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations worldwide. Some interesting areas we are exploring include industrial automation, machine learning, IIOT, cyber security, AI, robotics, and other technologies. With approximately 500 employees globally, Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Controls Systems Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals located out of the airport in Houston, TX.
Employee-owned company with profit sharing, comprehensive benefits, company events and charitable initiatives, a diverse workplace, BBQs and Lunch & Learns, Sport teams, Group fitness initiatives, and a “Work hard, Play hard” culture are just some of the reasons our employees love working at Brock!
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with integrating, testing, troubleshooting and programming electrical controls for baggage handling systems for the airport. You will be working primarily out of the airport in Houston and the role will require working some night hours to minimize disruption to our customer and end users. With projects ranging from $100K to $15M dollars, your daily responsibilities may include:
Responsibilities may include:
- Control system design
- PLC programming
- Electrical design
- Design/programming of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Troubleshooting of electrical, PLC, and HMI systems
- Interfacing with real-time database applications to manage critical production information
- Supporting project proposals and estimation
- Preparing functional specifications
- Assisting with equipment selection and procurement
- Site commissioning and installation
- Performing other duties as assigned by Project Manager
- On-call service/support for existing installations
- Ability to problem solve
- Aptitude for Programming (C, C#, VBA, SQL, Ladder Logic, or other languages)
- Knowledge of PLCs (e.g. ControlLogix, Modicon, Siemens S7) is an asset
- Knowledge of HMIs (e.g. FactoryTalkView, Wonderware, iFix) is an asset
- Familiarity with IT/Networking and database applications is an asset
- Ability to read electrical schematics is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering and production processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Systems Design, Automation, Industrial Engineering or college equivalent
- Ability to complete all security clearance requirements that may be required for the performance of the work
- Willing to travel up to 40% throughout the year
New grads are welcome to apply. If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.