Evoqua is the global leader in helping municipalities and industrial customers protect and improve the world’s most fundamental natural resource: water. We have a more than 100-year heritage of innovation and industry firsts, market-leading expertise, and unmatched customer service. Our cost-effective and reliable treatment systems and services ensure uninterrupted quantity and quality of water, enable regulatory and environmental compliance, increase efficiency through water reuse, and prepare customers for next-generation demands.
Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and service helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and enable leisure and commercial industry to maximize productivity and profitability.
Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help them meet their needs for clean water.
Join our 4000 professionals around the world as we Transform Water. Enrich Life.
Evoqua Water Technologies is currently seeking an experienced Control Systems Engineer. The location preference of the position is within the Houston, TX area.
This position supports control systems and electrical infrastructure for Water Treatment Systems for large Industrial applications. Primary customers are Refineries, Power Plants, and Chemical Processing Facilities utilizing equipment to purify water for dissolved solids and organic removal.
- Assist field service team troubleshoot control system functions.
- Provide pre and post-sales support regarding control system requirements and cost estimates.
- Participate in discovery, kick off meetings, and project meetings to facilitate start up and operation, and reduce long term operation costs.
- Provide electrical and control system designs, including PLC and HMI software development for customer systems. Perform on-site control system testing, commissioning and startup at customer sites for new systems and existing system upgrades.
- Make functional changes in PLC logic or HMI configuration to standard products and systems, per customer requirements.
- Assist field technicians in calibration of process analytic instrumentation on mobile equipment or customer sites.
- Assist in operator training of the operation and maintenance of controls systems and standard products.
- Perform audits of electrical and instrumentation systems, recommending improvements in written reports.
- Electrical or Control Systems Engineering degree required.
- At least 10 years’ experience in industrial process control.
- Water processing experience preferred but not required.
- Understands P&ID diagrams, ISA tags and symbols. Understands electrical schematics, including motor control, and can perform markups.
- Familiar with industrial electrical systems, including power distribution, motor control, and NEC rules and regulations. Understanding of NEC70E electrical safety requirements, with experience working on live electrical systems safely.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with process instrumentation including flow, pressure, temperature measurement devices and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with PLC hardware (AB SLC, Compactlogix, Contrologix, Siemens S7-200, S7-300, S7-1200)
- Knowledge of analytical process equipment (pH, ORP, conductivity, etc.), installation, and calibration practices.
- Proficient with AB and Siemens PLC software functions (configuration, programming and troubleshooting).
- Proficient with HMI operator interface device configuration (configuration, design, screen builds, and troubleshooting).
- Familiar with computer based SCADA (configuration, design, screen builds, and troubleshooting).
- Familiar with basic networking (Ethernet, Controlnet, Modbus, RS-485, etc), and ability to configure and troubleshoot.
- Must be able to travel up to 70%.
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.