Control Systems Project Engineer
Location: New York City Area
Experience: 5-10 Years
Join a world class automation engineering firm! Thermo Systems seeks energetic team members who strive to succeed and make a difference in a fast-paced, hands-on, engineering environment. Our greatest asset is our team and we work hard to create a rewarding environment. Be part of something unique; excel and enjoy.
Who We Are:
Thermo Systems is a national, full-service control systems integration partner for energy and consumer markets. From our offices throughout the US, Thermo Systems deploys industrial automation projects nationwide.
Our Current Need:
We are currently seeking a full-time experienced Control Systems Project Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience.
Summary of Duties:
This detail-oriented position will be based out of our Midtown Manhattan NYC office and will be an integral part of our service group and project implementation team responsible for leading and coordinating the installation, start-up, and troubleshooting of DCS and PLC based control systems. Qualified candidates will also provide field service, repairs, and preventative maintenance procedures to industrial process control systems including controllers, networks and peripheral devices. In-town travel and overnight travel to project sites outside the New York City area, including training and team collaboration functions at our East Windsor, NJ engineering headquarters, will be required.
Supervisory responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Technical execution of industrial automation projects in applications ranging from district energy, power generation, mission-critical HVAC and utilities in data centers, to pharmaceutical/life science.
- Project lead in control system design, development, and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems.
- Manage turnkey automation projects from design phase to construction/ commissioning.
- Manage subcontractors during construction phase of an automation project.
- Communicate with clients on a frequent basis to ensure customer needs are met.
- Develop automation engineering documentations and deliverables as required.
- Perform field engineering services to support the installation and operation of industrial control systems.
- Work independently and/or collaborate with project team in project delivery with the skills necessary to mentor and develop junior engineers.
- Overnight and in-town travel will be required.
Qualified Candidates shall exhibit one or more of the following attributes:
- BS degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Construction or 4 equivalent years of experience.
- Project management experience in automation projects and/or construction projects.
- Experience in the programming of one or more of the following PLC platforms or Building Automation System (BAS) is highly desirable: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Tridium, Honeywell, JCI, Allerton, Automated Logic.
- Hands-on experience with electrical panel, design, build and troubleshooting; including field installation of building automation systems equipment, instrumentation, and end devices.
- Experience in the programming or deployment of one or more of the following SCADA/HMI packages is highly desirable: RSFactoryTalk, Wonderware, Ignition, Genesis Iconics, iFix.
- Experience with information technology infrastructure components as they relate to industrial automation systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the machinery with which our control systems interface. Previous field engineering experience a plus.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, 401(k) with company match, and business travel reimbursement: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including low cost options.
- Training:We offer in-house and factory technical training to keep our staff sharp.
- Vacation / PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
Visit us at www.thermosystems.com to learn more!
Thermo Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.