Halo is a cannabis extraction company that develops and manufactures quality cannabis oils and concentrates, which are the fastest growing segments in the cannabis industry. Halo is a global leader in cannabis oil and concentrates, having produced over 4.5 million grams of oils and concentrates since inception. The Company has expertise across all major cannabis manufacturing processes, leveraging a variety of proprietary processes and products. The forward-thinking company is led by a strong management team with deep industry knowledge and blue-chip experience. The Company is currently operating in California and Oregon, as well as in Nevada with our partner Just Quality, LLC, and in Lesotho with the Bophelo strategic partnership. With a consumer-centric focus, Halo will continue to market innovative, branded, and private label products across multiple product categories.
Due to the recent growth of the Company and continuous expansion, we are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for all financial matters in our California operations. This individual will work from either our office in Cathedral City. California or from our facility in Ukiah, California and will be required to travel between these two locations.
This position oversees and manages finance function in California and to ensure accurate and timely monthly financials, balance sheet reconciliations and analysis are completed. He/she will work closely with other personnel in establishing and maintaining key financial and operational processes as well as internal controls. The role requires someone who would be hands-on.
· Manages the overall daily operations of the assigned accounting function.
· Ensures accurate and timely financial statements and general ledger closing in accordance with international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and company policies.
· Prepares monthly journal entries.
· Reconciles or reviews assigned balance sheet accounts in QuickBooks.
· Prepares or reviews roll forwards as assigned.
· Prepares monthly financial fluctuation analysis as assigned.
· Responds to inquiries and requests from senior management.
· Establishes and maintain effective accounting controls.
· Maintenance of internal controls and makes recommendations on new or revised accounting processes or procedures.
· Work with operations on accounting of inventory and cost of sales.
· Work with operations on seed-to-sale tracking.
· Responsible for filing of any corporate and sales tax returns.
· Responsible for filing of Form 8300
· Responsible for calculation/maintenance of California Cultivation Tax.
· Work with Corporate Finance team for timely quarter and annual reporting.
· Assist with year-end audit and quarterly review work with external auditors
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
· CPA or MBA preferred
· A minimum three (3-5) years of experience in a supervisory or management role within the accounting field required
· experience in a manufacturing setting ideal
· IFRS experience preferred
· Understanding of California tax and regulatory environment, with emphasis on the cannabis industry
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Hands on and a self-starter
· Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
· A clear understanding of effective controls and how to implement and maintain them.
· Be a creative thinker and encourage a variety of problem-solving techniques.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills beneficial.
· Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
· Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
· Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments/offices.
· Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets and has advanced math skills.
· Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
· Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- · Good communication skills, both verbal and written