Small Government Contractor based in Northern VA is currently looking to hire a Controller/Accounting Manager with Government contracting experience. A highly skilled professional who has previous experience in a similar role is strongly desired. A minimum of 5 years’ experience of corporate controller-ship for a federal Government contractor is a must. Experience required in Government Contracts and cost accounting in the following types of contracts: IDIQ, Incentive Contracts, T&M, Labor Hour, and Firm-Fixed Price.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Accounting systems as Controller/Accounting Manager for Government contracts.
- Prepare and present financials and associated reports.
- Manage the A/R, A/P, P/R, general ledger and collection function.
- Coordinate outside audits with outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA), oversee preparation of required items.
- Establish and maintain accounting procedures and controls and monthly accounting calendar.
- Support proposal activity and help to create pricing responses to RFP and RFQ’s.
Requirements of Ideal Candidate:
- Government contract accounting experience, cost accounting standards and FAR knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Controller with a government contractor.
- Experience with hands on preparation and review of incurred cost submissions and forward pricing rates.
- Financial Statement preparation.
- Must have good knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices with a solid knowledge of Government accounting.