For 60 years HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronic industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO's high-energy culture focuses our Team Members' on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world's airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine has historically ranked HEICO as one of the 200 "Best Small Companies" and 200 "Hot Shot Stocks".
HEICO is currently recruiting an Accounting Manager for its Corporate Accounting department based in Hollywood, Florida. This position reports directly to the Senior Finance Director of HEICO's Flight Support Group. In this position, the Accounting Manager will likely:
- Be primarily responsible for the books and records of multiple corporate departments, which include but are not limited to month-end closing entries, account and inter-company reconciliations, cash management and budgets.
- Perform monthly variance analysis against static budget and prior year. Respond to management questions on such variances.
- Work closely with A/P and purchasing departments to ensure proper accounting and coding of invoices and purchase orders.
- Support the various operational directors of the corporate departments.
- Understand and assist in the preparation and ongoing support of various allocations to the operating entities.
- Prepare annual budgets for the corporate departments.
- Prepare annual tax filings (tangible personal property and 1099's).
- Provide direction and support to other Staff and Senior level accountants in the department.
- Design and promote process efficiencies surrounding manual and recurring tasks.
- Along with the Staff and Senior Accountants, support the HEICO Corporate Finance department with various administrative and support activities related to the preparation and review of the monthly financial consolidation as well as various internal control related activities.
- Conduct financial analysis and prepare supporting schedules for internal and external (SEC) reporting.
- Assist with various subsidiary activities such as physical inventory counts, balance sheet reviews, acquisition opening balance sheets, and more as needed.
- Perform/assist with other duties and special projects.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting. CPA or eligible to sit for the CPA exam is highly preferred.
* Minimum of five years of experience in financial accounting (industry or industry/public mix)
* Willing to roll up their sleeves and perform transactional work as well as review the work of others.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to clearly express an opinion or interpretation of various analysis, schedules or statement and results.
* Strong work ethic (willingness to work hard and long hours, when needed).
* Strong Excel skills are a must (fluent navigation, Pivot Tables, Sumif, Vlookups, Macros, and VBA).
* General working knowledge of ERP reporting packages.
* Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with subsidiary controllers and employees of all levels, including senior management.
* Highly responsive to customer requirements, with a high attention for detail and accuracy.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Must be flexible and able to multi-task in a time-sensitive environment.
This is a great position for someone who loves challenges, thrives in a fast-paced environment, wants to learn about an exciting business and be part of a successful company with potential career growth opportunities. HEICO Corporation offers competitive compensation, an excellent 401(k) plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. HEICO is proud to be an EEO/AA/V/H employer. For additional information on HEICO Careers, visit us online at www.heico.com