Medical City Arlington
As Controller, this leadership team member coordinates the direction and management of Finance and Revenue Integrity. Plans, directs and coordinates all operational activities for the Accounting, Financial Analysis, and Revenue Integrity departments. Develops policies and procedures to ensure both regulatory and corporate/audit compliance. Ensures timely and accurate completion of month end and subsequent preparation of the financial statements. Develops the capital and operating budgets. Assists in overseeing facility wide productivity. Supports facility in ad hoc financial analysis. Interviews and hires appropriate staff. As a member of Medical City Arlington's management team makes a significant contribution to the public's perception of the hospital.
- Ensures timely completion and accuracy of the facility financial statements on a monthly basis.
- Manages the Financial Analysis team.
- Ensures key indicators and stats are recorded accurately, timely, and in compliance with Corporate standards.
- Oversees and assists with ad hoc financial analysis and pro-forma preparation.
- Participates in the development and management of operating and capital budgets.
- Manages the Finance function at the hospital (accounts payable, monthly end closing duties, chart of account compliance, journal entry reviews, reconciliations, net revenue analysis, variance analysis, Medicare Cost Report work paper preparation, inventory, year-end tax work papers, etc.)
- Responsible for implementing, auditing, and enforcing policies to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements as well as other internal key controls.
- Responsible for following the Corporate Accounting Policy Guidelines.
- Manages the Revenue Integrity function at the hospital.
- Analyze productivity and participate in productivity management initiatives and plans.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable turnover in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures operations and capital expenditures run within budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for positive employee engagement and appropriate communication with staff.
- Responsible for quality and performance improvement activities in department and multidisciplinary.
- Responsible for positive customer satisfaction results.
- Serves as a resource to leadership, staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring cost effective, quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of staff and patients.
- Participates in the facility's leadership team.
- Participates in the development of the hospitals strategic management plan.
- Participates in facility process improvement activities.
- Ensures compliance with current regulations, directives and standards established by the facility.
- Corporation and external regulatory agencies.
- Ensures departments are trained on compliance in a timely manner to help all associates function at their highest possible level.
- Ensures the distribution of updates, newsletters, bulletins and software from HCA and regulatory bodies.
- Assists with other special projects/requests as needed.