****Please email your resume, salary range, and availability to speak to my email address (with no spaces) Paul @ PedrazaStaffing .com for immediate consideration.****
The client is asking for candidates to have banking experience previously or currently.
My client was created to serve San Antonio businesses. The diverse group of local business and community leaders who founded it envisioned a strong local bank committed to personal relationships and customer services that would be able to offer the products and technologies of a big national bank. Our client is committed to the prime principles of client service: Integrity, Personal Service, Expertise and Flexibility. All interactions with clients will be of the highest caliber, earning clients’ trust and confidence. We will establish long-term, loyal relationships. Our recommendations will be educated, astute and relevant to each client’s individual circumstances. Streamlined decision-making protocol will allow us to develop sound financial solutions for a broad spectrum of situations.
The Controller has the final responsibility for providing effective financial controls for the bank. Directs the financial affairs of the organization and prepares financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. The Controller is responsible for the company's financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, internal controls, statistical analysis, regulatory compliance, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The position involves supervision over general accounting, assigned operation areas, property accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, and budgetary controls. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of concepts, practices and procedures in the field of finance and accounting. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. Promote and maintain positive relationships with all contacts, internal and external.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and reports required by regulatory agencies. This person provides interpretation of financial reports and statements for the Board of Directors, internal management and outside groups.
- Responsible for compliance with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley 404, SEC (10-Q and 10-K) reporting; all state and federal laws and regulations relative banking operations and GAAP.
- With the assistance of the outside accounting firm, prepare and review all bank tax forms and annual report for filing with required state and federal regulatory agencies.
- With the assistance of outside accounting firm tax expertise, analyze the Bank’s federal and state tax liabilities and coordinate the preparation of federal and state tax returns.
- Manages and directs the bank’s cash flow and preparation of cash forecast for utilization. Tracks and monitors the bank’s liquidity position.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, current accounting standards (GAAP) and makes appropriate changes in policies and procedures.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, compensation incentives, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Arrange for audits of company’s accounts and operational functions and provides recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Assists and advises senior management with the financial information needed on short-term and long-term financial objectives, operations, policies, procedures and actions.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department or any assigned department as required. This individual recommends training requirements, has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives, and may recommend that personnel be hired or removed from the Department(s).
- Functions as senior management team member and contributes to the fulfillment of departmental and company objectives including completion of miscellaneous projects and other duties as assigned. Manage and exceed clients’ expectations, both internally and externally.
- Attend and/or conduct meetings and training as required to continue development and to enhance knowledge of field.
- Adhere to all Bank of San Antonio polices, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Management of financial and accounting resources to reach optimal organizational goals.
- Leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension – Ability to read, analyze, interpret and implement the changes, where necessary, from general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulatory reporting changes.
- Mathematics – Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and concrete variables.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to define problems; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, establish facts, draw valid conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to other’s actions
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.; detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with various Microsoft applications and Internet based applications; strong use of Excel and spreadsheet tools. Position Demands - Flexible; ability to adapt to a changing environment. Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major required.
- Must have strong GAAP knowledge, FDIC knowledge, Finance, call sheets, reports
- 5-7 years of experience with commercial banking and/or public accounting with increasing responsibilities.
- CPA and Master Degree in related field preferred.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Bonus, 401K