Chico State is hiring! Come join the Wildcat community - from the tree-filled campus to the charming downtown, Chico is a have come to love. Chico State Enterprises, their non-profit corporation, is currently hiring for a Controller to join their team. In this role, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Check it out now!
Another Source’s client, California State University, Chico’s non-profit corporation, Chico State Enterprises, is recruiting a Controller to join their team. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Are you motivated by being a part of a larger mission and the opportunity t o be a part of a vibrant and i nnovative group?
Chico State is the second oldest campus in the 23-campus California State University system. It is located in Chico, California, about 90 miles north of Sacramento . From the tree-filled campus to the charming downtown, Chico is a have come to love. The history and values shared by the campus and community foster a unique phenomenon - the Chic o Experience. See more of what life is like on and around Chico State: https://www.youtube.com/user/ChicoStateChannel
The Research Foundation merged with Research and Sponsored Programs in the summer of 2019 to create Chico State Enterprises ; a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation established to better serve the entrepreneurial and sponsored program activities of the University and serves as an auxiliary of California State University, Chico . Chico State Enterprises provides competitive s alary and b enefits. Benefits include employer paid life insurance ($50,000) and long-term disability; options for health, dental, and vision insurance; FSA; 14 paid holidays including 1 personal holiday; vacation accrual (up to 24 days/year); sick leave (up to 12 days/year); employer contributions to your 403(b) retirement plan (up to 8%).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Reporting to the Director of Finance and Accounting, this position oversees the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Accounting and reporting are prepared in accordance with GAAP, Federal and State compliance, and the CSU Chancellor’s Office policy guidance. The functions and duties of the Controller will include:
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial reporting and coordinating fiscal year-end audit activity
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures, ensuring internal controls and safeguards over cash receipts and disbursements
- Managing the cash flow of the organization and accounts for invested assets
- Providing leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff, creating and promoting a positive and supportive work environment
- Partnering with the Director of Finance and Accounting to ensure the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS: By reference to prior experience, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform the functions and duties described above.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration and five years of experience o Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software, and MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and accounting for investments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team
- Ability to pass a Department of Justice (DOJ)/Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint referred to as Live Scan) prior to beginning employment o Participation in a pre-employment personality test may be requested
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations, or a Master of (MBA)
- Experience with a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation
- Experience in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate, and foundation grants
Chico State Enterprises is a 501(c)(3) public benefit corporation serving as an auxiliary organization to California State University, Chico. The purpose of Chico State Enterprises is to help develop and administer those activities that aid and supplement the educational mission of CSU, Chico, including managing externally funded projects orientated toward research, education, or public service; acting as a fiscal agent for numerous campus programs; providing fiscal management of fundraising and philanthropic endeavors on behalf of the University Foundation (a separate 501(c)(3) corporation). Employment is considered to be at-will.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.