Required Qualifications (Candidates not meeting these requirements will not be considered):
- Must have a Degree in Accounting or Finance or at least 5 years in a Senior Accounting position performing duties below.
- Must have experience with QuickBooks as well as Unanet and/or JAMIS ERP.
- Must have assisted in the Implementation of a new financial software system. (we are doing a conversion 1st & 2nd Quarter 2019).
- Must have experience with a small government contractor (under 200 employees); preferably in the Intel/DOD space.
- Strongly Desired: Experience working from home.
- Manages Accounting Division.
- Manages the financial process for over 50+ contracts and $35M+ revenue stream.
- Manages all accounting functions for the NPG including overseeing domestic and international payroll, invoicing, reporting, forecasting, tax liabilities, and tax reporting.
- Researches and recommends changes to internal systems based on NPG and client needs.
- Manipulates internal systems to improve efficiency and reduce redundancy.
- Researches market/competitor trends and makes recommendations to the partners.
- Researches, creates and generate numerous complex monthly financial statements and reports for the partners.
- Reviews accounts payable, cash disbursements, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations.
- Reviews weekly and monthly billings with supporting reports and compares to run rate and forecasting’s.
- Analyzes monthly AR and AP reports and reviews information with partners.
- Prepare cost information for response to RFPs.
- Develops and works with Contracts team on indirect rates.
- Works with Contracts and HR to administer electronic timekeeping system, to include employee setup, maintenance of billable and internal projects ensuring financial data is captured efficiently.
- Works closely with Contracts and HR to improve business processes.
- Assist with year-end financial audits as well as various periodic external audits (401k, ESOP, Worker’s Comp).
- Manages year-end tax preparation including payroll audit, data review and state filing updates.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word to develop reports, slides and presentations.
- Expert knowledge of senior DoD/Intel Protocol including FAR and DFAR and Government Contracting financial rules and regulations
- Expert knowledge of tax codes and processes for Government Contractors including Cost Pools, Allowables and Unallowables.
- Counsels Partners/Upper Level Management on policies, procedures, new laws and audits.
- Manages Staff Accountant and Senior Accountant.
- Attends Annual Corporate Meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to VP and CEO/COO/Partners.
This newly created position will be part of the Shared Services Group (SSG), comprised of our Accounting, HR, Contracts and Security teams. Position will report to the VP, SSG, but will work with all members of the SSG team as well as the company’s partners. We are a three-time Best Places to Work Company located in Northern Virginia. We value our employees and hold several corporate events annually to reward and recognize our team. As a small company, we all wear many hats and the right candidate will understand that each position requires a mix of junior, mid and senior level tasks. We also anticipate continued growth and are a firm believer in promoting within.
Candidate must have proven experience telecommuting. Our company is virtually-based in the Washington, DC area. As a result, this position will be home-based. Candidate must be extremely disciplined and have private, designated office space in their home with a locking door. Candidate must also be willing to attend meetings, new hire orientations, corporate events and/or training in the DC area generally biweekly. Candidate must also be comfortable with team members in their home or traveling to other team members homes for training (currently in Fairfax County and Loudoun County). Candidate must be IT savvy and will be responsible for own equipment administration (home network, WiFi, security, updates/upgrades, mail integration, back-ups, etc.). Only candidates in DC/MD/VA will be considered.
We provide a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and an outstanding benefits package including Paid Time Off, Holidays, several healthcare options, employer paid dental, employer paid Life/LTD/STD, Fidelity 401(k) with match and education reimbursement.
Please submit cover letter and resume with salary history to email@example.com. Responses without salary history will not be considered.
NextPoint Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. NextPoint Group's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
If you are an individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or a wounded warrior and you are unable or limited in your ability to access or use this site as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: NextPoint Group will respond only to requests for accommodations due to a disability.
We participate in E-Verify.