Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations, with a portfolio valued at €65.2 Bn as at December 31, 2018, of which 87% in retail, 6% in offices, 5% in convention & exhibition venues and 2% in services. Currently, the Group owns and operates 92 shopping centres, including 55 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Its centres welcome 1.2 billion visits per year. Present on 2 continents and in 12 countries, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield provides a unique platform for retailers and brand events, and offers an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers.
We’re looking for a Controller / Senior Controller to be part of a dynamic department who is a collaborative and experienced Accounting professional. Title will be commensurate with experience.
The company’s complex business operations requires the financial organization to focus intently on the development, implementation, and integration of sound accounting and financial management controls and processes that will seamlessly support the company's business objectives, strategies, and future growth plans. The Accounting team is expected to maintain an excellent environment for its employees. Strong emphasis is placed on the coaching, mentoring, and development of the department personnel.
The Controller is a key role on URW’s Accounting Team. The Controller is responsible for overseeing the management, administration, and coordination of the accounting operations for a portfolio of the company’s US shopping centers. This includes ensuring the integrity, quality, and accuracy of all accounting information to support the presentation of financial results and monitoring of progress towards achievement of financial goals within an environment of strong SOX internal controls. Specifically, the Controller is responsible for: the month-end close; supporting periodic forecasts and the annual budget; accounting for acquisitions / divestitures; primary support for external audits; property tax accounting and appeal support; sales and use tax filings and audits; generation of process improvement ideas and their implementation. This leader will be skilled at managing complex projects and multiple priorities simultaneously, and have deep experiences in bringing interdisciplinary problem solving, cross-functional solutions delivery, and collaborative decision-making skills to the organization to best meet the needs of the company’s business objectives.
We are looking for aController with:
- Thorough working knowledge of all phases of accounting and financial cycles.
- Significant hands-on experience managing the monthly close process in a complex business to ensure accurate and timely results, in an efficient and effective manner.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Interdisciplinary problem solving, cross-functional solutions delivery, and collaborative decision-making skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently while providing the highest quality product.
- Outstanding presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of building solid relationships among all levels of the organization.
The minimum requirements and skills include:
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in accounting, economics, or finance.
- Ten years of hands-on accounting and financial experience.
- Significant experience as an effective team builder and leader.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting, budgeting, capital spending, and working capital management.
- Strategic thinker with good instincts.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience with integrated IT systems, such as JD Edwards, Oracle, or SAP.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- CPA or MBA.
- Experience at a Big 4 accounting firm.
- REIT industry experience.
- Experience with managing the financial activities of geographically dispersed facilities.
- Project management experience related to system conversions and implementations and process improvements.
- Experience with account reconciliation tools, such as Blackline or Trintech.
- Experience with IBM Cognos TM1.
URW distinguishes itself by its Better Places 2030 agenda, which sets its ambition to create better places that respect the highest environmental standards and contribute to better cities. At the forefront of innovation, our 3,700 talented professionals are preparing for future generations of customers.
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.