We are seeking a strong Controller with a background in Aerospace or a similar Industrial Manufacturing environment for a tier 1 global market leader.
This position is open due to promotion of the current Controller to Corporate. This company is growing and always looking for career minded individuals who are looking to continue to grow their careers.
This person will work closely with Operations, Sales and Engineering at the plant level. This role is highly influential in decision making for the company.
The Controller will report to the President and be a key business leader responsible for Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, cost control, asset management, IT, and business decision support. The Controller will collaborate with Senior Management to position the business for financial growth and efficiency, and to ensure that the Company meets or exceeds its financial commitments. Responsible for maintaining accurate financial records and effective financial processes, systems and controls, to ensure compliance
- Works closely with Senior Management, Manufacturing Organization and Sales team, to improve the Company's financial performance.
- Oversees the monthly accounting close process, along with timely and accurate reporting of financials to Corporate. Ensures statements correctly reflect the Company’s financial position in accordance with GAAP.
- Reviews financial results and key financial metrics with Senior Management. Assesses and quantifies risks, monitors the execution of deliverables, recommends and implements action necessary to improve profit and financial position.
- Leads the development of the annual Business Plan and monthly Profit & Loss forecasts, including monthly margin forecasts.
- Supports Senior Management in the evaluation and execution of New Business opportunities. Prepares financial analysis to support Customer Quoting process and investment decisions. Works with Sales & Marketing to optimize payment terms.
- Evaluates Capital Expenditure requests and validates return on investment.
- Performs pricing analysis and audit, to ensure compliance to the Company's Pricing Policy
- Supports functional leaders to achieve Productivity/Cost Improvement commitment. Proactively promotes cost and headcount controls.
- Effectively manages Working Capital with focus on Inventory, Trade Receivables, and Trade Payables.
- Evaluates financial processes and systems, to drive continuous improvements in efficiency, internal controls, and reporting capabilities.
- Maintains internal accounting control and SOX compliance. Supports internal and external audits.
- Responsible for staff development, training, evaluation, coaching and succession planning.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of direct accounting and managerial experience in a manufacturing environment (not a corporate environment).
- Experience working in a manufacturing company required.
- Must possess a strong understanding of financial analysis, account budgeting and forecasting methods, along with strong working knowledge in GAAP, accounts payable, accounts receivable, costing and inventory, payroll, and income tax.
- Excellent computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Excel, along with a strong understanding of computer programs, systems, and applications of MAPICS.
- Must be an experienced and effective leader, and a strong manager with problem solving, decision making, and organizational skills, to mentor and develop a good team, extracting the best performance possible.
- Must be a ‘hands-on’ type individual, with the ability to interface on the shop floor, along with senior leadership and others -- all equally well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; MBA and/or CPA certification preferred.