A rapidly growing Southern California logistics/distribution company is hiring an Accounting Professional for their headquarters office in Orange County. The three year old company offers tremendous growth opportunities for a hands on person that is willing to assist the company as it builds its client base in the Los Angeles/San Diego legal cannabis market.
This position will have day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all accounting related activities of the company. It requires a person that is fully competent in regularly performing all hands on functions of accounting and money handling.
Please apply if you:
- Have a Bachelor Degree in accounting
- Earned your CPA and have 5 years of experience as an Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller
- Are prepared to advance your career to the Controller level and are willing to put in time and effort to get there
- Are currently living in Orange County, CA
- Perform A/R, A/P, fixed asset, inventory and general ledger duties.
- Schedule cash flow and cash requirements
- Perform month-end closings
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements
- Develop and enforce company systems, policies, and controls as they relate to accounting and finance
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation and enforcing adherence to requirements
- Work with managers to develop financial projections
- Develop and Interface with the companys banking solutions
- Identifying and fixing system errors
- Maintain and update Accounting Systems
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 5+ years working as an Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller, or Controller
- Strong ERP/Accounting System knowledge (Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus)
- Hands-on knowledge to include, vouching payable, applying payments, inventory adjustments, issuing of credit memos, etc.
- Accounting System Implementation experience desired
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving, dynamic company culture and industry
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Startup experience a plus
Salary and Benefits
- Base Salary - $100k - $130k (depending on experience)
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Stock Option Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
Because our client is concerned about commute distances, resumes that do not include city, state AND zip code will not be considered for this position.