POSITION SUMMARY: Manages the Accounting department and responsible for recording, reporting and safeguarding the financial assets according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
CORE WORK PRINCIPLE: Colossians 3:23 is the foundation of URM’s standard for employment, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people”. The goal for each employee is to enrich and sustain a humble heart attitude; to enrich and sustain a mindset of serving others, treating them with kindness and truth; and to enrich and sustain a zealous desire for achieving work objectives without any ulterior motives or agendas.
- Compile monthly internal and annual consolidated financial statements
- Compile annual Form 990
- Develop the annual operating and capital budgets as well as performance projections
- Facilitate annual GAAP audit
- Analyze accounting data to develop appropriate recommendations and solutions
- Prepare account analysis and explanation of budget variances
- Account for depreciable/amortizable assets
- Maintain the Accounting system, Accounting Procedure Manual, and internal controls in accordance with GAAP
- Manage Accounts Payable/Check Writing
- Monitor cash balances/transactions
- Oversee Payroll and payment of withholding and other payroll related disbursements in accordance with Federal and State employment laws/regulations
- Monitor cashier’s office, funds held for others, petty cash, deposits, etc.
- Carry out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: In accordance with applicable company policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, is to perform the following supervisory responsibilities:
- Interviewing, hiring, orienting and training employees
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Coaching and appraising performance
- Rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURES:
- Accounting or Business Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10+ years progressively responsible, related experience (Non-Profit a big plus)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- CPA license a plus
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills with a sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Well-versed in the use of technology applied in financial and operational environments
- Highly experienced in integrated accounting systems (Abila MIP Fund Accounting), CRMs (Salesforce) and other financial and operational systems
- New Market Tax Credit Program, retail and construction experience a plus
- Strong orientation toward detail, quality and task completion
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle project leadership responsibility
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external and organizational environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires manual dexterity for regular repetitive finger motion
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- Noise levels are considered low to moderate
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated
Click on Link to apply: